This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Coconut Cookies will make you swoon! Soft, chewy and loaded with coconut goodness, these will become your new addiction! For more tasty cookies, try my Cake Mix Cookies, Snickerdoodle Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Ready in Less Than 20 Minutes
When I want a quick sweet treat, I really appreciate the simpler recipes like this one. Ready in less than 20 minutes, these are perfect to whip up for an afternoon snack, dessert or sharing with a friend.
How to Make Coconut Cookies
These cookies are pretty straightforward. Be sure to see the printable recipe card down below for complete directions and ingredient measurements. Here’s what you can expect when making these cookies.
Preheat Oven + Prep Baking Sheet
Preheat oven. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla.
Stir in baking soda, salt and flour until just incorporated. Stir in coconut.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared pan. Bake 8-9 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
Cool + Serve
Allow to cool 3 minutes on the pan and move to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Coconut Cookie Variations
Here are a few add-in ideas if you want to take a different spin on these.
- Add mini-chocolate chips.
- Add some chopped nuts.
- Drizzle chocolate over the top or dip half the cookie in chocolate and add more coconut flakes or sea salt to the chocolate side.
Storing Coconut Cookies
Store at room temperature in a ziploc bag, or airtight container. Cookies will stay fresh this way for 3-5 days.
Freezing Baked Cookies
You can freeze cooled cookies. Layer cookies in an airtight container with wax paper or parchment paper. Cookies will stay fresh in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Make Ahead/Freezing Dough
If you’re wanting to make these ahead and store the dough in the freezer…scoop dough onto a baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. Remove pan from freezer and store frozen dough balls in a zip bag or container.
When ready to bake, place on baking sheet and bake according to recipe, adding a couple minutes if baking from frozen.
Love Coconut? Here Are Some Recipes to Try…
There ya go, I hope you love these as much as we do! Be sure to save, print, bookmark or share this recipe. The printable recipe card is below. Enjoy, friends! 🙂
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in baking soda, salt and flour until just incorporated.
- Stir in coconut.
- Scoop onto prepared pan.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, rotating the pan half way through.
- Cool 3 minutes on the pan and remove to cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.