This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe is made with smokey ranch, bacon, corn, chicken, red onion, and Sweet Baby Ray’s! There is no pizza better than this one. Guaranteed.
BBQ Chicken Pizza | Copycat Recipe
Get ready to add another recipe to your Pizza Friday repertoire, Country BBQ Chicken Pizza!! Get those fat pants on because I got a good one today. Remember when I was in the middle of my move and I was driving across the country and I shared a photo of a pizza I ate when I got to Salt Lake? I vowed I would create a copycat and you guys, I did it. (I might even say my version is better. Wayyyyyy better. I’m so….humble.)
I am hopeful that you will be converted to my Country BBQ Chicken Pizza ways. I promise this one will not disappoint!!
- Pizza Dough – use store-bought dough or use my super easy Homemade Pizza Dough or Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
- BBQ Sauce – I highly recommend using Sweet Baby Ray’s for this recipe. But if you have a BBQ sauce you already have and love it’s ok to use that instead.
- Mozzarella Cheese – a light cheese to complement all the other flavors happening.
- Corn – I loved getting those little pops of corn in each bite. So so good!
- Red Onion – love this too (!) but if you don’t like red onions you can replace them with regular onions.
- Bacon – bacon bits bought from the store work wonders for this recipe. Or you could use the oven method for perfectly cooked bacon.
- Rotisserie Chicken – rotisserie chicken tastes the best on this recipe, so just grab a precooked chicken from the deli on your way home from work. And then make this recipe with the remaining chicken. At least that’s what I did.
- Cilantro – If you don’t like cilantro, you can totally leave it out, though I LOVE it on a BBQ chicken pizza. I think it totally belongs. You do you.
There are a couple of things that set this recipe apart from my Ultimate BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe and one of which is this homemade smokey ranch. Perfectly creamy that complements the smokiness. To make it you’ll need:
- Ranch Dressing – just regular ol’ ranch dressing here.
- Smoked Paprika – this is the main ingredient that makes it smokey!
- Milk Green Chiles – and this gives the sauce a little heat.
BBQ Chicken Pizza FAQ’s
(some affiliate links below)
This BBQ chicken pizza recipe will make two 12 inch pizzas or one 18 inch pizza. My homemade recipe for pizza dough makes exactly the right amount for either option. You’re welcome.
My friend Natalie taught me the upside-down cookie sheet trick in the oven if you don’t have a pizza stone. More details about that in the recipe card 😉
I always always always transfer my pizzas onto the hot cookie sheet using parchment paper. I know cornmeal is often used at pizza places, but that just makes a huge mess in your oven. Trust the Lauren. Use parchment paper. I use this kind.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza
To make this BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe you can either bake in the oven or grill outside! Here is my how-to on grilling pizza and down below are instructions for baking in the oven.
Step 1: Preheating the Oven
Preheat oven. Place a pizza stone (or upside-down cookie sheet) inside the oven to preheat. Arrange racks so pizza will cook in the bottom 2/3rds of the oven.
Step 2: Dough and Toppings
Lightly spray a piece of parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray. Form half of the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on greased parchment paper. Spread on half of the BBQ sauce and cover with half of the mozzarella cheese (8 oz.), reserving 1/4 cup. Spread with half of the corn, half of the onion slices, half of the bacon, and half of the chicken. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
Repeat steps above to create a second pizza.
Step 3: Baking and Smokey Ranch
Slide pizza onto the preheated stone using the parchment paper and bake. Your pizza will be finished cooking when the cheese looks melty and the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven.
While pizza is cooking, make the smokey ranch: in a food chopper or high powdered blender, add ranch dressing, green chiles and smoked paprika and blitz until completely smooth.
Step 4: Serve!
Drizzle sauce evenly and top with chopped cilantro. Cut and serve immediately.
Come to mama!
Related Recipes to Try!
Check out these other amazing recipes and let me know how it goes.
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy!
Country BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 lb. homemade pizza dough
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce recommended: Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 16 oz. grated mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 large ear of corn kernels cut off
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 6 slices precooked bacon chopped into pieces
- 1 breast of rotisserie chicken shredded
for the smokey ranch sauce:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing recommended: bolthouse farms yogurt ranch
- 2.25 oz. mild green chiles about half a small can
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place pizza stone (or upside down cookie sheet) inside oven to preheat. Arrange racks so pizza will cook in the bottom 2/3rds of the oven.
- Lightly spray a piece of parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray. Form half of the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on greased parchment paper. Spread on half of the BBQ sauce and cover with half of the mozzarella cheese (8 oz.), reserving 1/4 cup. Spread with half of the corn, half of the onion slices, half of the bacon and half of the chicken. Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Repeat steps above to create second pizza.**
- Slide pizza onto preheated stone using the parchment paper and cook 5-12 minutes, oven depending. Your pizza will be finished cooking when the cheese looks melty and the edges start to brown. Remove from oven.
- While pizza is cooking, make the smokey ranch: in a food chopper or high powdered blender, add ranch dressing, green chiles and smoked paprika and blitz until completely smooth.
- Drizzle sauce evenly over each hot pizza and top with chopped cilantro. Cut and serve immediately.