A classic Deviled Eggs Recipe, just in time for Easter! This is the quintessential appetizer for Spring that everyone seems to love. This is a basic deviled eggs recipe, but change as you’d like!
Deviled Eggs coming in hot! This is one of those recipes that you either love or hate. When I was younger, I used to dislike them with a passion. But now that I’m grown, I cannot get enough of them…mainly because I make them a little on the vinegary side which I love!
Deviled Eggs Recipe Ingredients
The filling is made from egg yolks, mayonnaise and a few other delicious flavor makers including dill pickles, pickle juice, chives, and dill. I love having a little texture in my deviled eggs, so I chop up my dill pickles finely.
The Tabasco sauce is an optional ingredient that is what makes these eggs ‘deviled’. A few splashes of that or even a little pinch of cayenne or spicy paprika will go a long way. If you don’t like the heat those ingredients can bring, feel free to leave them out altogether.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
So, the basic deviled egg recipe comes down to perfectly cooking hard boiled eggs and then making a creamy filling that pairs well with that egg flavor. These are my fail-proof directions for easy peel hard-boiled eggs. It is seriously the most fail-proof method I’ve ever used for hard-boiled eggs.
- Peel hard boiled eggs and slice in half. Pop out egg yolks into a medium bowl and place the whites onto a serving platter.
- To the egg yolks, add in mayonnaise, pickles, pickle juice, chives, Tabasco sauce, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth (I find a whisk works really well for this.)
- Once your filling is nice and smooth, transfer to a piping bag or Ziploc bag, snip the tip and fill each egg up and garnish with more chopped chives. Feel free to make this ahead of time and store in your fridge. They name a great pre-Easter dinner snack 🙂
The printable recipe is below. Be sure to save or pin this recipe because it’s a classic one you won’t want to lose. Have a great day, friends! xo
other Easter recipes you are sure to love:
- Orange Almond Easter Cupcakes
- Healthy Egg Salad Recipe
- Marshmallow Potato Chip Easter Nests
- Hashbrown Egg Cups
A classic Deviled Eggs Recipe, just in time for Easter! This is the quintessential appetizer for Spring that everyone seems to love.
Peel hard boiled eggs and slice in half. Pop out egg yolks into a medium bowl and place the whites onto a serving platter.
To the egg yolks, add in mayonnaise, pickles, pickle juice, chives, tabasco sauce, dill, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth (I find a whisk works really well for this.)
Spoon filling into a piping bag and fill the whites. Garnish with finely chopped chives, paprika or course ground pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.