A classic Deviled Eggs Recipe, just in time for Easter! This is the quintessential appetizer for Spring that everyone seems to love. This is a basic deviled egg recipe, but change as you’d like!
Deviled Eggs coming in hot! This is one of those recipes that you either love or hate. When I was younger, I used to dislike them with a passion. But now that I’m grown, I cannot get enough of them…mainly because I make them a little on the vinegary side which I love!
Deviled Eggs Recipe
The basic deviled egg recipe comes down to perfectly cooking hard-boiled eggs and then making a creamy filling that pairs well with that egg flavor. So here’s what you’ll need:
- Hard-Boiled Eggs – these are my fail-proof directions for easy peel hard-boiled eggs. It is seriously the most fail-proof method I’ve ever used for hard-boiled eggs.
- Mayonnaise – please use real mayonnaise, not miracle whip.
- Dill Pickles – I love having a little texture in my deviled eggs, so I chop up my dill pickles finely.
- Pickle Juice – or use lemon juice.
- Chives – for garnish.
- Tabasco Sauce – an optional ingredient that is what makes these eggs ‘deviled’. A few splashes of that or even a little pinch of cayenne or spicy paprika will go a long way. If you don’t like the heat those ingredients can bring, feel free to leave them out altogether.
- Dried Dill – this is for even MORE dill taste. I know, it’s a lot but its so good.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
More Deviled Egg Recipes!
So this isn’t my first rodeo when it comes to deviled eggs, so try these other variations this easter.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and slice in half. Pop-out egg yolks into a medium bowl and place the whites onto a serving platter.
- To the egg yolks, add in mayonnaise, pickles, pickle juice, chives, Tabasco sauce, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth (I find a whisk works really well for this.)
- Once your filling is nice and smooth, transfer to a piping bag or Ziploc bag, snip the tip and fill each egg up and garnish with more chopped chives. Feel free to make this ahead of time and store it in your fridge. They make a great pre-Easter dinner snack 🙂
More Easter recipes you are sure to love:
- Orange Almond Easter Cupcakes
- Healthy Egg Salad Recipe (another hard-boiled egg recipe!)
- Marshmallow Potato Chip Easter Nests
- Hashbrown Egg Cups
The printable recipe is below. Be sure to save or pin this deviled egg recipe because it’s a classic one you won’t want to lose. Have a great day, friends! xo
Classic Deviled Eggs
A classic Deviled Eggs Recipe, just in time for Easter! This is the quintessential appetizer for Spring that everyone seems to love.
Peel hard-boiled eggs and slice in half. Pop-out egg yolks into a medium bowl and place the whites onto a serving platter.
To the egg yolks, add in mayonnaise, pickles, pickle juice, chives, tabasco sauce, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth (I find a whisk works really well for this.)
Spoon filling into a piping bag and fill the whites. Garnish with finely chopped chives, paprika or coarse ground pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.