At my house, the fourth of July means:
And usually some sort of exercise to make up for all the food I inhale.
ANYWAYS, since I’m Canadian and have an American husband who came from a very patriotic family, we have come to celebrate all our Canadian and American holidays. There is always something to celebrate and I love a good party 😉
Independence Day is especially special this year because my husband is freshly out of the military to accommodate the new schedule of his new job. It was a relief to get out (for me!) but nearly every holiday I think of the wives who are celebrating alone.
This Fourth of July, I’ve partnered with Kroger to Honor our Heroes. This can mean different things for different people…no matter what it means for you, we encourage you to do something! After being a military family, we know first hand that a kind word or a nice note goes a long way. #HonoringOurHeros
To go along with your celebration this year, try some Firework Dessert Dip! It looks super festive and is amazingly easy to throw together. Don’t forget to add in my secret ingredient (pop rocks!!) to make this extra explosive 🙂
Here’s how to make it:
Start out with some softened cream cheese. I use Kroger because that’s what I know and love.
Add the cream cheese to a large bowl with some powdered sugar and vanilla.
Using a hand mixer, stir it up until smooth.
Add in the cold whipping cream and stir to essentially whip the cream within the cream cheese mixture. After a few minutes, the mixture should be thick and fluffy.
Now comes the fun part! Toast up some mini marshmallows and add it into the dip.
Like so! This gives you nice little toasty marshmallow bites that I’m sort of in love with. I suppose this could be optional, but whyyyy? Marshmallows in the summer time make my world go round.
Once the marshmallows get stirred in, add some sprinkles directly into the dip too. We are talking about the fourth or July after all 🙂
So things should be looking quite festive right about now. Spoon this mixture into a serving bowl and add your dipping options to the plate too.
Feel free to add on more sprinkles to the top OR top with red and blue pop rocks candy!!! I wasn’t kidding when I said this was Fireworks dip 🙂 Just trying to live up to the name.
Add on some mini chocolate chip cookies, graham cracker sticks, animal crackers, brownies and strawberries. Kroger had a great selection of dipping-optionals and everything on this serving platter was purchased at Fred Meyer (a Kroger affiliate).
Once everything is in place, you can serve it and enjoy! It’s a very kid-friendly snack or dessert…probably because of all the sugar and sprinkles 🙂
Anyways, grab the printable recipe below and give it a whirl real soon.
Have a great day, friends!
Firework Dessert Dip
Yield 8-10 servings
- 16 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 container red white and blue jimmy sprinkles
- red and blue Pop Rocks candy (optional)
- cookies and fruit for dipping (Kroger has really awesome honey graham cracker sticks and chocolate animal crackers that my kids went for first.)
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together to combine until smooth. Add in the heavy cream and beat until light, fluffy and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Place mini marshmallows onto a baking sheet and broil on low to toast. Add toasty marshmallows into dip and stir. Fold in nearly the entire container of sprinkles, reserving about 2 teaspoons for garnish.
- Spoon into serving bowl and top with remaining sprinkles (or Pop rocks candy). Serve with any desired cookies or fruit.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @laurens_latest on Instagram and hashtag it #laurenslatest.
This post was created in partnership with Kroger. All opinions expressed are completely my own.