This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip recipe is full of fall flavors and comes together in less than 15 minutes! Using common pantry staples you likely have already, this easy dessert dip is made with cream cheese, pumpkin, and vanilla pudding. Perfect for dipping with vanilla wafers, Oreos, graham crackers or ginger snaps for the entire month of October and most of November!
Why You’ll Love This Perfect Fall Dessert!
I love sweet and tasty treats, especially when they involve pumpkin! Actually, I am one of those people who never get sick of all things pumpkin. See my huge pumpkin recipe archive as proof. Pumpkin truly is one of my favorite things!
This is a sweet and creamy pumpkin cheesecake dip that is made with cream cheese, instant vanilla pudding, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and heavy whipping cream. It’s light, fluffy and particularly extra tasty served with any kind of oreos. I’m not picky, the original chocolate or golden oreos are juuuuust fine by me.
Love Pumpkin and Cream Cheese? Check out these other pumpkin recipes: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Topped Cinnamon Vanilla Crepes, Amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies.
Main Ingredients Needed
This no bake pumpkin pie dip uses just a handful of ingredients and can be whipped together (literally) in 15 minutes! Here’s what you need:
- Cream Cheese – thick, creamy, tangy goodness that is the base of this pumpkin dip!
- Canned Pumpkin Puree – this is the same pumpkin you use for pumpkin pie. I like the Libby’s brand best.
- Vanilla extract – for flavor.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding – used for flavor and to keep this dip thick.
- Brown Sugar – to sweeten.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – enhances all of the pumpkin flavors! A simple cinnamon-nutmeg mix works just as well.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – to make this dip light and fluffy.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
This is probably one of the easiest recipes to make everrrrr. For full recipe details, including ingredients and measurements needed, see the printable recipe card down below. Here are some step by step directions for making this sweet dip:
Mix All Ingredients Together (Except Heavy Whipping Cream)
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla extract, instant vanilla pudding, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice together using an electric mixer on medium speed until lump-free and completely smooth.
Pro Tip: Make sure your cream cheese is softened before attempting to whip. Allow cream cheese to sit out at room temperature for an hour or so to soften.
Whip in Heavy Whipping Cream
Pour in heavy whipping cream to the mixture and whip until light, fluffy and thickened. Scrape the sides and mix again briefly to ensure everything is thoroughly stirred.
Pour into Serving Bowl + Serve
Pour into a large serving bowl and serve with any sort of cookie that you like.
Dip it Real Good
Here are just a couple of things that we like to dip into this delicious pumpkin dip recipe. Feel free to experiment and find things that you love to dip as well!
- graham crackers (regular, chocolate or cinnamon flavor)
- gingersnaps, gingerdoodles or gingerbread cookies
- Oreo Cookies (thin, mini, golden, original…we’re not picky!)
- Teddy Grahams
- fresh fruit (apple slices, pear slices, strawberries)
- ripe banana slices (with toothpicks!)
Making Ahead + Storing Directions
The beauty of this recipe is not only its simplicity but it can be made well in advance and pulled out when needed. As long as it is in an airtight container, Pumpkin Dip can last up to 5 days refrigerated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, I have had a couple readers say they used cool whip instead of whipped heavy cream. All have said it worked perfectly and was light and fluffy.
Yes! One (3lb) small pumpkin yields about 2 cups of fresh puree, which is double the amount that you need for this recipe, unless you’re wanting to double it.
Pumpkin pie spice has a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and all-spice. If you can’t find it specifically at your grocery store, just use a simple cinnamon and nutmeg mix.
Sour cream is a good substitute for cream cheese. Use the same amount as you would cream cheese – 1 cup (8oz) of sour cream. Also as a side note, I prefer regular cream cheese for this dip. You can experiment with fat free cream cheese, light cream cheese or vegan cream cheese, but I am not sure how it will turn out, as I haven’t tried it myself.
Technically, yes you can freeze pumpkin dip. I don’t recommend it because anytime you freeze dairy ingredients, the texture changes and separates and never incorporates the same. Your dip will turn grainy and watery instead of light and fluffy.
Love Pumpkin Dip? Try These Other Favorites!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipe
- Warm Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Dip
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Creamy Pumpkin Butterscotch Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Twists
- Easy Dipping Chocolate
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
Whether you’re needing something sweet for a Halloween party, something to share on game day or just want a little pumpkin flavor added to your day, this fluffy pumpkin dip is certainly a great addition to any fall gathering! The printable recipe card is down below. Have a great day, friends!
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you would give it a star rating and leave your review in the comments! If you have a picture of your finished dish, post it on Instagram using the hashtag #laurenslatest and tagging me @laurens_latest.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- In a large bowl, measure out cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, instant vanilla pudding, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir until well incorporated and smooth.
- Add in heavy cream and whip until completely smooth and thickened.
- Scrape the sides and mix again briefly to ensure everything is thoroughly stirred.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and serve with fruit, graham crackers or small cookies.