This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Greek Chicken and Rice
- 1 can canned artichoke hearts in brine (not olive oil), drained and chopped
- 6 green olives sliced
- 3/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 pound chicken cutlets about 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Into the greased pan, add chopped artichoke hearts, olives, onion, garlic, rice, chicken stock and bay leaves. Stir gently.
- Place chicken cutlets overtop ingredients and sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30-40 minutes or until rice is completely cooked.
- Remove and discard foil. Transfer chicken to a plate to rest. Stir butter, feta cheese, tomatoes and parsley into rice. Divide rice into four equal portions. Add chicken and serve.