This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When you are short on time, this Greek Burger recipe comes together fast for a delicious dinner. Perfect for summer grilling! This Greek Burger came about from some left over ingredients- Bacon, Spinach and Feta Pizza with Sun Dried Tomato Sauce. Once these were all cooked they reminded me of greek souvlaki. Yum! They were garlicky and moist. Another delicious burger is my The Best Turkey Burger Recipe. Both delicious choices for grilling!
Greek Burger | Quick + Easy Grilling
When I am short on time I usually resort to burgers. They are some of the easiest and fastest things to make. Get everything into a bowl, mix it up and form your patties. Simple! You can cook them right away or keep them into the fridge until you’re ready. For these Greek burgers, I’d recommend making them in advance and letting them sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let that garlic make friends with all the other ingredients. With it being summer, who wouldn’t want to grill outside? All signs point to burgers!
Main Ingredients Needed
Here is what you’ll need to gather up to make Greek Burgers. For full recipe details, scroll down see the printable recipe card.
- Ground turkey- ground turkey or ground beef would both work here.
- Onion + garlic + dried oregano- finely minced.
- Fresh baby spinach- chopped.
- Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil & herbs– offers a sweet-tart flavor, much stronger than fresh tomatoes.
- Salt + pepper– to taste.
- Mozzarella cheese + feta cheese- pair well together for a great flavor.
- Whole wheat buns– or whatever kind of buns you prefer/have on hand.
- Mayonnaise– to use as a spread on the buns.
- Spinach– for dressing the burger.
How To Make Greek Burgers | Directions
Directions to make Greek Burgers is fairly simple. The more time you allow the burgers to rest in the fridge, the more fragrant and garlicky they will be. For full recipe details, see the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Combine
In large bowl, mix turkey, onion, garlic, oregano, chopped spinach, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper together. Form into 4 large patties, place onto plate and cover in plastic wrap.
Step 2: Refrigerate
Store in refrigerator for 2 hours or so before cooking (ideally). You can cook these right away, but the garlic flavor won’t be as strong.
Step 3: Grill
Grease grill rack or skillet with oil or non stick cooking spray. Heat grill or skillet to medium heat. Place burgers into pan/onto grill and cook until there is no more pink meat! If you’re unsure, cut one of those babies open just to double check. Turn heat down to low and top with mozzarella and feta cheese.
Step 4: Melt Cheese + Serve
Cook patties another minute or until cheese has melted. Place patties onto buns and top with spinach and mayonnaise and/or any other desired toppings.
Notes About Greek Burgers
You don’t want your grill to be super hot because odds are you will char the outside and have a raw inside. Thats why I use a moderate heat. If you want, you can char the outside to get nice grill marks and then finish cooking them in the oven. If you choose to cook the burgers completely on the grill, the once you place them on, cover them up and leave them alone! If you keep moving them around, they probably are going to fall apart! So resist the urge and don’t touch!
Leftover Greek Burgers
Store leftover Greek Burgers in an airtight container in the fridge or 2-3 days. Beyond that, the burgers start to dry out.
Love To Grill? Give These Recipes a Try…
- The Best Burger Recipe
- Grilled Flank Steak
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Chicken Wrap
Enjoy these Greek Burgers the next time you grill outdoors! Enjoy, friends! 🙂
Greek Burger Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh baby spinach chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in oil & herbs
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 4 whole wheat buns
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients together, excluding the cheese. Form into 4 large patties, place onto plate and cover in plastic wrap.
- Store in refrigerator for 2 hours or so before cooking (ideally). You can cook these right away, but the garlic flavor won't be as strong.
- To cook the burgers, grease grill rack or skillet with oil or non stick cooking spray. Heat grill or skillet to medium heat. Place burgers into pan/onto grill and cook about 6 minutes per side or until there is no more pink meat! If you're unsure, cut one of those babies open just to double check. Turn heat down to low and top with mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Cook patties another minute or until cheese has melted. Place patties onto buns and top with spinach and mayonnaise and/or any other desired toppings.
[…] Greek Turkey Burgers […]