Is it just me or am I posting a lot of Southwest/Mexican recipes lately? Its just so easy to do because we usually have all the fixings! We also love all the flavor combinations between guacamole, salsa, cilantro, lime…. the list goes on!
Grilled Vegetarian Burritos
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups rice pilaf Plain rice would work but see recipe tips at bottom for recipe
- 1 sauteed Vidalia onions you want them to be soft and have brown crispy edges
- good salsa
- 1 avocado
- 2 diced tomato
- butter for the pan or panini press for the pan or panini press
- Heat skillet or panini press to medium to medium high heat. Steam or microwave tortillas so they are soft and easy to work with.
- Starting with grated cheese, fill your burrito with desired fillings. Top your mountain of fillings with more cheese and fold into a burrito, tucking the edges as you go.
- Brush hot panini press or skillet with butter (don't be stingy!) Place burritos seam side down and cook until golden in color and crispy. Serve warm.