This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The ultimate fun Italian dinner mashup! Garlic Bread Spaghetti Pizza combines savory pasta and marinara sauce on a tender crust.
Spaghetti Pizza | Wait, What?
Oh, my good gravy I have created a big delicious monster of a meal for you today! Spaghetti Pizza. I know what you’re thinking : “Really?! Spaghetti on a pizza?! Are you kidding me?” No, I am definitely not kidding you. I was thinking that we all love garlic bread with our spaghetti so why not just skip a middle step and combine the two?! I know that this is like carb city on a plate, but once in a while, you’ve got to indulge.
Main Ingredients Needed
Spaghetti Pizza is basically pizza dough covered in melted butter and garlic salt and then topped with a healthy mountain of tomato sauce covered spaghetti and lots of mozzarella for good measure! Are you salivating yet? You just think about the combination in your mouth for a second while I continue–
- Pizza Dough – to save some time either make my pizza dough recipe ahead of time or buy the pre-made stuff. Or use my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough for a healthier option.
- Butter + Garlic Salt – this is melted and mixed together and slathered all over the crust!
- Spaghetti – cooked to al dente. You could also use thin spaghetti (it cooks faster).
- Marinara Sauce – once again, to save some time make my bolognese sauce ahead of time or buy some good quality jarred marinara (or if you are vegetarian, use this vegetarian spaghetti sauce).
- Mozzarella – shred it yourself or buy pre-shredded, either way, it’s going to be good.
- Parsley – used as an optional garnish.
A Note About the Sauce
As some of you may know, I really like to hide vegetables in my spaghetti sauce and drain my ground beef to decrease the fat and increase the nutrients. Spaghetti sauce is the best place to sneak in some grated carrot, zucchini, or any other vegetables you happen to have in your fridge. I also like to use low sodium V8 in place of just plain tomato sauce to increase the servings of vegetables. I tell you, these little changes make the world of difference! Oh, did I mention it’s a buttery garlicky bread-like crust topped with spaghetti and cheese? This meal is as kid-friendly as it gets! Pizza AND spaghetti in one! Incredible! And you don’t have to feel so bad about serving this to your kids either, especially if you were sneaky and added in some extra vegetables!
How to Make Spaghetti Pizza
For full details on how to make Spaghetti Pizza, see the recipe card down below.
Step 1: Preheat Oven
Preheat oven. Spray pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook spaghetti to al dente.
Step 2: Bake Crust and Make Spaghetti
Spread pizza dough out to be 16-18” across. Place on prepared pizza pan. Brush crust with half melted butter and all the garlic salt, concentrating on the edges. Bake crust.
Mix cooked spaghetti with 2 cups of prepared sauce.
Step 3: Toppings and Bake Again!
Once the crust comes out of the oven, brush edges with the remaining melted butter. Top with coated spaghetti and spoon on the remaining sauce to keep pasta moist. Top with grated cheese and bake until cheese has completely melted.
Remove from oven and cool. Top with parsley if desired. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Related Recipes to Try!
Spaghetti Pizza should definitely make your dinner menu in the near future because yes, it really is that good!
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce or bolgonese, make sure its a good one!
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti or spaghettini, cooked to al dente
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- parsley for garnish
- extra marinara for dipping those crusts for dipping those crusts
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spray pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough out to be 16-18'' across. Place on prepared pizza pan. Brush crust with half melted butter and all the garlic salt, concentrating on the edges. Bake crust for 8 minutes.
- Mix cooked spaghetti with 2 cups of prepared sauce.
- Once crust comes out of the oven, brush edges with remaining melted butter. Top with coated spaghetti and spoon on remaining 1/2 cup of sauce to keep pasta moist. Top with grated cheese and bake 2-3 minutes more until cheese has completely melted. Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes. Top with parsley if desired. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
I am ready to make this tonight🤗 do the noodles need to be broken in half?
[…] (Courtesy of Lauren’s Latest) […]
Yum! Just made this last night when I needed some comfort food… really liked the combination! I’m thinking of different add-ins for the next time we make it. As always, love your blog!
how fun, my dad used to make us spaghetti sandwiches with leftovers, so I’m no stranger to spaghetti in bread, but I love this idea of combining pizza, spaghetti and garlic bread. It sounds delicious!