This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Hobo Dinners
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef 96/4
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk I used fairlife
- 1/3 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 21.2 oz Idaho potatoes 4 potatoes that are 5.3 oz each
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices cheddar cheese I used tillamook
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut 4 large pieces of foil and place onto the counter. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef with onion soup mix and milk until thoroughly combined. Divide into four even patties and place onto the center of each piece of foil. Top each patty with finely diced onion.
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch fries. (The thinner you cut your potatoes, the quicker they will cook.) Top each patty with potatoes. Spray potato fries with a little nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each packet with slice of cheese.
- Fold up foil and crimp to create a sealed packet. Place all four onto a baking sheet and bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and meat is fully cooked.
- The potatoes by themselves might taste a little plain, but the cooking liquid that forms at the bottom of your foil is the key! Stir all that together with potatoes to create a sauce or gravy and it will blow your minds! So good!