What happens when you buy a huge bulk sized pack of tortillas and have leftover steak? These burritos is what happens! Gotta love a good breakfast, and this is certainly that. Heck, it could even be lunch or dinner, too! Sometimes good things turn into great things. In this meal, all that leftover steak we had from the night before became one of the main fillings for our burritos. (By the way, do I make a lot of southwestern food, or is it just me noticing that?) Anyways, these little babies are super simple to make and you can add whatever you want to them to make them your own. I added onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and cilantro to my eggs and folded it up in a flour tortilla with that steak and some cheese! Oh baby, are they good! Make some today! You’ll be glad you did!
Southwest Steak and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- 1 cup leftover cooked steak cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 4 button mushrooms diced finely - to hide them!
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro torn into smaller pieces - or you could cut it
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or cheddar
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In large skillet, melt butter. Add in onions, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté 5-7 minutes or until vegetables have softened slightly.
- In large bowl, crack 6 eggs and whisk with milk. Add in salt and pepper. Pour eggs into skillet with vegetables. Carefully and gently stir eggs to scramble. (Medium low heat for 7-10 minutes). When eggs are almost completely cooked, add in tomato. (I like to add in my tomato at the end to so it doesn't cook completely into mush-its a personal preference.)
- To assemble, take a flour tortilla and in the middle place some steak pieces, scrambled eggs and top with grated cheese. Roll burrito style (tuck the ends in to they aren't open) and roll in foil. Continue this process until all burritos are filled and wrapped.
- Place in warm oven for 10 minutes or until you are ready to eat.