This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to make Lemonade at home with this super simple recipe! This Lemonade Recipe is made with fresh lemon juice, water, sprite, and simple syrup. This will be your go-to drink all Summer long! For an extra refreshing beverage, give my Frozen Lemonade a try. SO good.
Lemonade: A Really Basic Recipe
There are so many varying levels of proficiency when it comes to my readers. This recipe can be made by ANYONE. When I say it’s stupid easy, trust me that you can totally make this. It’s as easy as it gets! Here’s what you will need:
- Fresh Lemon Juice – squeeze about 6 large lemons to get 3/4 cup
- Cold Water – to water down the lemonade
- Simple Syrup -to sweeten the lemonade
- Sprite – for a little bubbly effervescence. This is an optional ingredient! And yes, you can absolutely use unflavored sparkling water.
Why Use Simple Syrup?
Just like the name suggests, Simple Syrup is a two ingredient syrup used to sweeten drinks and cocktails without having that gritty granulated sugar texture. Comparable to the classic syrup at Starbucks, homemade simple syrups stir in easily, can easily go undetected, and sweeten drinks flawlessly.
Simple syrup is a way to add sweetness and no flavor in an easy way that mixes and dissolves right into lemonades, drinks, or cocktails.
Can I Just Use Sugar?
Yes, you sure can! The only problem is the sugar might take a bit to dissolve completely as you stir it into the water and lemon juice. You will want to use 3/4 cup of sugar total for this recipe. And you will want to add an extra 3/4 cup of cold water to the finished lemonade recipe to make up for the simple syrup.
How to Make My Lemonade Recipe
Make the Simple Syrup
Make the simple syrup by heating 3/4 cup of water and 3/4 cup of sugar together in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
Stir Remaining Ingredients Together
To make the lemonade, stir simple syrup together with lemon juice, cold water, and Sprite. For a sweeter lemonade, use all the simple syrup. For a lemonade that has a little more zing, use half the simple syrup.
Serve over ice with lemon slices. (It’s these little details that make a good lemonade great!)
Making Flavored Lemonade
You had to have known this was coming! There are so many fun and different kinds of lemonade you can make, and yes, they are as simple as muddling a little bit of fruit in the bottom of your pitcher before adding the rest of these lemonade ingredients.
Here are some popular add-ins:
- Strawberries – Adding this delicious berry to your homemade lemonade recipe can give it a sweet and tangy twist; its vibrant red color also makes it visually appealing.
- Raspberries – Gives a more tart flavor to your lemonade, and their rich, fruity taste complements the citrusy flavor of the lemons.
- Fresh Mint – With its hint of sweetness and herbal flavor, the cooling taste of mint goes perfectly with lemonade.
- Watermelon – It’s a great way to make your lemonade even more refreshing in the summer.
- Pomegranate Juice – Brings a unique depth of flavor, imparting a rich, sweet note, and its beautiful ruby-red color adds a touch of sophistication to your homemade lemonade recipe.
- Cucumber and Lime – This combo creates a unique flavor profile, the cucumber giving the lemonade a crisp taste and the lime providing an extra citrusy kick.
- Pineapple – A touch of the tropics! Pineapple lemonade makes a lush and delicious treat.
Making Ahead and Storage Directions
This is a great recipe to make ahead and store in the fridge, especially if you don’t add the Sprite. The lemonade will lose its bubbles after a few hours of just sitting in the fridge. If you wanted to make this ahead, I would stir all the ingredients together without the soda, then right before serving, adding it in last minute.
And this homemade lemonade recipe gets better with time. As the lemonade sits in the fridge, the flavors meld together, resulting in a drink that’s even more refreshing and flavorful. So go ahead and make a big batch – you’ll be glad you did when you have a delicious, refreshing drink ready to go at a moment’s notice.
Love Lemonade? Try These Fruity Favorites:
- Homemade Fruit Punch
- Sonic Ocean Water
- Virgin Pina Coladas
- Mojito Mocktails
- Liquid Sunshine
- Blackberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Mint Limeade
Hope you guys love this Lemonade as much as my kids did! It’s a classic recipe that I’m sure you all will love! Have a great day, friends!
For the Simple Syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
For the Lemonade
- 3/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups Sprite optional
- ice, lemon slices for serving
- Make the simple syrup by heating 3/4 cup of water and 3/4 cup of sugar together in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- To make the lemonade, stir simple syrup together with lemon juice, cold water and Sprite. For a sweeter lemonade, use all the simple syrup. For a lemonade that has a little more zing, use half the simple syrup.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices.