This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sweet, creamy and kid-friendly, these Non Alcoholic Pina Coladas are the perfect celebratory tropical drink that everyone loves! Made with three main ingredients, this will be your new go-to recipe.
Three Main Ingredients
The beauty of this truly simple (but so so good) Non Alcoholic Pina Colada is the small list of ingredients. They are all used for specific reasons:
- Frozen Pineapple
- Coconut Cream
- Simple Syrup
Can I Use Pineapple Juice?
So, here’s the deal. Pineapple juice can absolutely be a good substitute for the simple syrup while adding an extra hit of pineapple flavor. But, it isn’t as sweet as the simple syrup. If your frozen pineapple is sweet enough to not need the simple syrup, feel free to substitute pineapple juice for the simple syrup 1:1. It’s total preference. I do prefer the simple syrup, just to make sure the pina colada is sweet enough. My tutorial for homemade simple syrup can be found here.
That’s Right. No Ice.
I am going to convince you that you really don’t need ice in your Pina Coladas. I am anti-ice for a few reasons, but the main one is ice doesn’t add any flavor at all. I might even argue that it waters down your finished drink. A Pina Colada, especially one with no alcohol, needs to be flavorful and creamy. Ice adds that cold, icy finish, but guess what? Frozen pineapple does that, too, while adding lots of flavor.
Coconut Milk, Coconut Cream and Cream of Coconut
I know all these titles are confusing and possibly seem like the same thing, but they are not! I’m going to explain them to you as if they were cow’s milk. It will make more sense that way.
Canned, unsweetened coconut milk is like whole milk from a cow. It comes in original versions and light versions (lower fat content; like a 2% milk). Typically found in asian food aisles.
Canned Coconut Cream is like heavy cream from a cow. It has a high fat content with the solidified coconut cream on top with coconut water on the bottom. This is the ingredient I use for this Non Alcoholic Pina Colada. A lot of people use this to make vegan ice cream because of the high fat content and smooth texture. It works SO perfectly in this recipe. The texture of this finished Pina Colada is fantastic.
Cream of Coconut
So, Cream of Coconut is like sweetened condensed milk. It’s sweetened coconut cream that most of the time can be found in a squeeze bottle. At least, that’s how I found it at two local grocery stores. This was a little harder to find, so I used Coconut Cream in this recipe.
How to Make a Non Alcoholic Pina Colada
If you have a blender, you can make this recipe. Ideally, a high powdered blender would be best because you can get a thicker finished product. This is the blender I own and love. Works perfectly for this.
- Add frozen pineapple, simple syrup and coconut cream into the bottom of your blender.
- Add the lid and blitz until completely smooth. Use the damper to get it going, if needed. Once its completely smooth, it’s done.
- Divide into two glasses and top with whipped cream, fresh pineapple and maraschino cherries. Yum!
Virgin Pina Coladas vs Traditional
The ‘base’ of a pina colada is frozen pineapple, coconut cream and simple syrup. Blending these three ingredients together get you a non-alcoholic Pina Colada. Traditional, alcoholic versions of this drink are made with white or dark rum plus the base (this recipe as listed below). So whether you want to spike my recipe or keep it fruity and kid-friendly, either will get you a sweet and creamy treat.
Other Non Alcoholic Drinks You Will Love:
- Mojito Mocktails
- Moscow Mules (Ginger Beer Mocktails)
- Christmas Mocktails
- Peach & Cranberry Holiday Mocktail
- Frozen Lemonade Recipe
More Tropical Treats to Try!
- Pina Colada Cookies with Rum Glaze
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Fruit Pizza or Fruit Pizza Cookies
- Coconut Lime Pudding Cups
- Banana Coconut Cream Pies
Anyways, I hope you love this Non Alcoholic Pina Colada recipe! It’s a super creamy and dreamy treat we all enjoyed on a snowy day last week, dreaming we were somewhere warm. Pin, print, bookmark and save this gem. You’ll never need another recipe!
Non Alcoholic Pina Coladas
- 10 oz frozen sweet pineapple
- 7 oz coconut cream *see notes below
- 1/3 cup simple syrup **see notes below
- whipped cream, maraschino cherries and fresh pineapple for garnish, optional
- 1 high powdered blender
- Place frozen pineapple, cream of coconut and simple syrup into the bottom of a blender. Using the damper, blend until a thick and smooth drink comes together.
- Divide between two serving glasses and top with whipped cream, cherries and fresh pineapple.