This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The only thing better than loaded nachos are Pulled Pork Nachos! With a few tricks, you can have this appetizer on your table in minutes!
Pulled Pork Nachos
When a Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos craving hits you at 10 pm at night, you just gotta go for it sometimes.
Main Ingredients Needed
This Pulled Pork Nachos recipe is a super good one that requires a bit of chopping while waiting for the cheese to melt over pulled pork, beans and chips… *drool* Here’s everything you’ll need to make this quick and tasty dish:
- Pork – I used a Kroger Carnitas Seasoned Pork which was easy to prepare. But you could also make pulled pork from scratch.
- Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips – pick your favorite brand, you’ll need a whole bag of it.
- Mexican Blend Cheese – shredded. You could also just use cheddar if you don’t want to add a specialty brand of cheese.
- Black Beans and Corn – both canned and drained which makes this recipe even more simple.
- Cilantro, Red Onion, Tomatoes, and Lime – all that chopping comes from these fresh ingredients that add so much flavor to the dish.
- Guacamole and Sour Cream – these are optional but recommended! So yummy!
How to Make Pulled Pork Nachos
- Start by laying out everything you’ll need for these Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos. (Let’s pretend I remembered to put the can of corn in this photo, ok?)
- The main star of this recipe is this pre-made Pork Carnitas. I saw them when I was browsing ClickList for fun (because that is seriously what I consider fun these days…) Oh man, are they good. Just reheat according to package directions and shred into small pieces. I suppose you could cut it, but I like the shredded look.
- Layout an entire bag of yellow corn chips (Simple Organic Brand is what I used) onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Cover those chips with lots of cheese and the shredded pulled pork.
- Like so! Also, sprinkle on the black beans and the corn and then the remaining cheese.
Looking good, right?
- So we will put these into a hot oven to melt the cheese completely. Watch it carefully 🙂 We aren’t using the broiler because that would just melt the top layer of cheese and we want it to melt ALL of the cheese evenly.
- The fresh ingredients you’ll be topping these with red onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and lime wedges. Prepare while the pulled pork nachos are baking.
- Then, once the nachos are done and the cheese is completely melted, add those fresh toppings and serve immediately.
I never thought I’d be the girl to crave nachos at 10 pm at night, but here we are.
I could get used to this…
Recipe Links and Tips
(some affiliate links below)
- I really like my half sheet pan for this pulled pork nachos recipe. It is the perfect size for the number of chips in the 9 oz. bag of Simple Truth Organic Chips.
- The knife I used to cut all my veggies pictured above is from Fred Meyer! The line is called ‘Dash of That’ and these new home goods and kitchen products are going to be available in-store soon! Keep your eyes peeled!
- Don’t use the broiler for this recipe! The top layer of cheese will melt perfectly, but the bottom layer won’t before the top is all dried out. Bake it at a high temperature, and this will solve your problem 🙂
- For easy cleanup, use my good friend parchment paper! I will never go without parchment paper.
- I used a cookie scoop to add my guacamole and sour cream to the middle of my pan of nachos. Feel free to just serve on the side. It’s probably just as good, though not as pretty 😉
More Pulled Pork Recipes to Try!
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- Cheesy Green Chile Pork Enchiladas
- Mexican Pork
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Carolina BBQ Pulled Pork Frito Bites
If you loved these Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos you’ll love my other recipes too! Check ’em out!
The printable recipe card is below 🙂
Loaded Pulled Pork Nachos
- 16 oz Kroger Carnitas Seasoned Pork 1 container
- 9 oz yellow corn tortilla chips I used Simple Truth Organic (1 bag)
- 16 oz Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese I used Kroger (1 bag)
- 15.25 oz black beans rinsed and drained (1 can)
- 15.25 oz sweet corn drained (1 can)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 large red onion finely diced
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- sour cream for serving
- guacamole for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start heating Carnitas according to package directions.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the entire bag of tortilla chips in one even layer. Sprinkle half of the cheese over top of the chips. Add the black beans and corn.
- Shred warm Carnitas, discarding any fat as you go. Add Carnitas to the top of the nachos and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. While nachos are cooking, prepare fresh toppings.
- Once nachos are finished baking, sprinkle with cilantro, onions, tomatoes, lime wedges, sour cream, and guacamole. Serve immediately.
This post was created in partnership with Kroger. All opinions expressed are completely my own.