This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These cheesy green chile Pork Enchiladas make a yummy weeknight dinner or make them ahead of time and freeze for a later date! Similar to my Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas but made with pork 🙂
Pork Enchiladas | Easy!
Full of porky cheesy green chile-y goodness. And, if you have this pork made ahead of time, these Pork Enchiladas come together in a snap! Also, this recipe makes about 24 enchiladas or 2 pans worth. So I stuck one into the oven and one in the freezer for later. Enchiladas make great freezer meals! Anyways, make sure you head to the store to pick up a pork roast to get these on your dinner table tonight. They are worth the time and everyone will love them!
Main Ingredients Needed
You don’t need much to make these amazing Pork Enchiladas, which makes them perfect as a weeknight meal. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pork – I used leftovers from this recipe but you can use leftovers from a different pork recipe or get some store-bought shredded pork.
- Cheddar + Mozzarella Cheese – two types of cheese that go in the filling and top the whole dish.
- Green Chiles – I love using these in the filling to give these enchiladas flavor and a little bit of heat.
- Sour Cream – creamy goodness, this helps bring all the ingredients together while adding its tangy flavor.
- Butter – the butter adds a whole lot more goodness. Optional but highly recommended.
- Green Enchilada Sauce – you can either use green or red enchilada sauce but I like using the green kind since the filling has green chiles.
- Corn Tortillas – you could also use flour tortillas here. But if you do use corn tortillas, I have a trick for how to soften them in the microwave.
How to Make Pork Enchiladas
For full details on how to make these pork enchiladas, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Preheat Oven + Prep
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir pork, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, green chiles, and sour cream together until blended. Pour melted butter over top and mix again. Set aside.
Soften Corn Tortillas
Wet 2-3 paper towels and wring out slightly so it’s not dripping wet, but not completely dry either. Open wet paper towels and wrap a stack of corn tortillas in the paper towels. Microwave 1-2 minutes or until tortillas are hot and pliable.
Fill + Roll Pork Enchiladas
While tortillas are being warmed, spread about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish. Take a hot tortilla and spread about 3 tablespoons of filling down the center. Roll into a tight enchilada and place into a baking dish. Repeat until no filling remains.
Top with Enchilada Sauce + Cheese
Pour enchilada sauce over top of the finished rolled and filled tortillas. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
Bake + Serve!
Bake until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve hot.
Storing Pork Enchiladas
Store any leftover pork enchiladas in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days! Enchiladas are kinda tricky to store because the sauce can make the tortillas mushy so try to enjoy them sooner rather than later.
Or if you want to save pork enchiladas for even longer, freeze them! You can do this either baked or unbaked although I’ve had better luck freezing unbaked (aka without enchilada sauce). Store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Then when you are ready to reheat or bake, pour the enchilada sauce over it all (if there isn’t some already) and bake until heated through!
More Enchilada Recipes to Try!
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Red and Green Enchiladas
- Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms
- Zucchini Enchiladas
- Enchilada Dip
- Enchilada Bowls
- Beef Enchiladas
Serve Pork Enchiladas up with anything you’d like and dig in! We had ours with salsa and salad! So super yummy! Enjoy this one, guys! We sure did! 🙂
Here’s the printable:
Green Chile Pork Enchiladas
- 4 cups pork from this recipe
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated and divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 oz diced green chiles 1 can
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 24 oz green enchilada sauce 1 can
- 24 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, stir pork, 2 cups cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, green chiles and sour cream together until blended. Pour melted butter over top and mix again. Set aside.
- Wet 2-3 paper towels and wring out slightly so it's not dripping wet, but not completely dry either. Open wet paper towels and wrap a stack of corn tortillas in the paper towels. Microwave 1-2 minutes or until tortillas are hot and pliable.
- While tortillas are being warmed, spread about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Take a hot tortilla and spread about 3 tablespoons of filling down the center.
- Roll into a tight enchilada and place into baking dish. Repeat until no filling remains. Pour enchilada sauce overtop the finished rolled and filled tortillas. Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until everything is hot and bubbly. Serve hot.