This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Marsala Chicken (MF)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1/2 inch thick (you might have to cut in half or pound out)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cup Marsala Cooking Wine I used Holland House
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- Place large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear and cook chicken until brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from pan to a plate and cover with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, spray the pan with more nonstick cooking spray and saute onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until onions and tender and mushrooms have cooked down.
- Pour in marsala and reduce by at least half. Add in chicken broth. In a small bowl, mix butter with flour to create a paste. Add butter-flour mixture to the pan to thicken sauce.
- Add in chicken to heat through in sauce and serve hot with or without mashed potatoes.