Great football food here! And, its really easy, too! You need a little time to let your dough rise, but they only take a few minutes to make and bake. Can’t beat that!
Pretzel Dog Dippers
Cheesy Chili Dip -
- 1/2 cup velveeta cheese
- 1 can chili or 2 cups homemade leftover chili
- Defrost and proof dough according to packaged directions (it took me 3 hours to get my dough to defrost and rise a little)Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water. Set aside.
- Cut hot dogs in half or into thirds if you want bite sized snacks. Form dough into 1 large ball. Divide dough into enough equal pieces to cover all pieces of hot dogs.
- Smooth dough over hot dog pieces and dip into baking soda water. Arrange on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle salt over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until dough is darker golden brown. Serve with cheesy chili dip (below), or usual hot dog condiments.
- For the dip, microwave Velveeta and chili for 1-2 minutes until velveeta is completely melted. Serve with pretzel dog dippers or tortilla chips.