This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Every Breakfast Needs a Taco!
Similar to Breakfast Burritos, Breakfast Tacos are just that, tacos filled with breakfast fillings. And who doesn’t love a good egg? Especially one covered and smothered in salsa and cheese? Mmmmmm…..these Breakfast Tacos are so fabulous, it hurts. And it kills me how easy and fast they are. Start to finish these are maybe 15 minutes if that. It really helps if you have a flat top electrical griddle, especially if you have more than 3 mouths to feed. Having them all ready and warm at once allows everyone to eat together and not have to deal with a gross cold egg. Eeww.
Main Ingredients Needed
Simple ingredients come together to create these fabulous Breakfast Tacos, here’s what you’ll need:
- Tortillas – I used the street taco size flour tortillas for this recipe. They are the perfect size and crisp up so nicely.
- Hash Browns – I just used frozen store-bought hashbrowns but you can always make them homemade if you want.
- Eggs – these are a great source of protein!
- Cheese – I like using sharp cheddar for a bit of extra flavor.
- Salsa – buy store-bought or make homemade salsa.
- Cilantro – this garnish is full of great flavor. But if you don’t like cilantro, leave it out.
And now for all of the customization ideas! I love this recipe because you can change it up based on what you have on hand. Leftover chicken or steak? Perfect! Add that in, too! Deli turkey or ham also is a great addition. If you have any more ideas, feel free to share them in the comments below 🙂
- Protein: eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, eggs, ham, leftover steak, leftover chicken, chorizo, lunch meat.
- Veggies: onions, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado, corn, cilantro. Saute these separately or in with the scrambled eggs.
- Sauces: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce.
- Cheese: cheddar, Monterey Jack, mozzarella, pepper jack.
- Carbs: flour tortillas, corn tortillas, hash browns, black beans, rice.
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
For full details on how to make Breakfast Tacos, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Cook Hash Browns + Eggs
Cook hash browns according to package directions and scramble your eggs. More detailed directions about scrambling the eggs are below! Of course, feel free to add in a few veggies to the eggs (onions/peppers/mushrooms) if you’re going with the whole southwest theme.
Quickly fry/crisp up your tortillas!
Top with Cheese + Other Toppings
Top with cheese, salsa and cilantro. And other toppings, if desired!
More Mexican Inspired Breakfasts to Try!
- Breakfast Burritos
- Southwest Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Nachos
- Chile Con Queso Eggs Benedict
- Jalapeño Cheese Grits with Poached Eggs and Hash
- butter to grease the pan with
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup hash browns
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 warm tortillas I like corn, the hubby likes flour
- Cook hash browns according to package directions and scramble your eggs. More detailed directions about scrambling the eggs are below! Of course, feel free to add in a few veggies to the eggs (onions/peppers/mushrooms) if you’re going with the whole southwest theme.
- Quickly fry/crisp up your tortillas!
- Top with cheese, salsa and cilantro. And other toppings, if desired!