This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Cream Pie is lighter and creamier than traditional pumpkin pie, but just as delicious! Blind bake your pie crust (homemade or store bought) and then fill with a fluffy, creamy, sweet and spicy filling!
A New Kind of Pumpkin Pie
With Thanksgiving nearly here and holiday baking in full swing, I thought it necessary to post a kind of pumpkin pie we all can agree on. I never realized there were so many people who didn’t like pumpkin pie until I posted my Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
In my quest to make the holidays easier (and perhaps even convince a few pumpkin pie haters out there that they’re not so bad) I created this super simple Pumpkin Cream Pie. It’s made with a cream cheese base with lots of pumpkin and spices and then folded together with whipped cream. It’s light, creamy and delicious! Not to mention the perfect kind of last-minute dessert for the holidays which I am all about…like every day of the week.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cream Pie
There are three components to Pumpkin Cream Pie, the pie shell, the filling, and the topping. Here’s everything you need to make all three:
- Pie Shell – I used a store-bought prebaked pie shell for this recipe. However, if you want to make homemade pie crust I have two amazing recipes that get the job done: All Butter Pie Crust and my Traditional Pie Crust Recipe. You can also buy/make a graham cracker crust. Options!
- Cream Cheese– cream cheese brings tangy and creaminess.
- Pumpkin Puree – obviously you need pumpkin to make pumpkin pie!
- Sugar + Vanilla – to sweeten and flavor the filling!
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves & Ginger – all wonderful spices that go great with pumpkin. Plus I garnish the top with a sprinkling of more cinnamon. Feel free to use Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of this homemade spice mix.
- Heavy Cream + Powdered Sugar – these two are used to make whipped cream. Half of it is folded into the filling and the other half tops the whole pie.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Pie
The hardest part about this recipe is blind baking your empty pie shell (which isn’t too hard at all!) If you are using a store bought frozen pie crust, simply follow the package directions. For full recipe details, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the printable recipe card.
- Whip cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, and spices until completely smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff.
- Fold half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try!
This time of year brings all sorts of pumpkin recipes. Here are a few of my favorites I thought you would love:
- Amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Bakery-Style Pumpkin Muffins
If you liked this Pumpkin Cream Pie be sure to check out my other pumpkin recipes!
Printable recipe below! Have a great day, friends!!
Pumpkin Cream Pie
- 1 9 inch Blind baked Pie Shell I used a Marie Callender's
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese together with sugar, vanilla, pumpkin and spices until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape sides and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff. Fold in half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with remaining cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If we want to use pumpkin pie spice instead of all the separate pie spices how much should we use?
can i use cool whip instead
This pie is outstanding! Light, fluffy, and flavorful.
How far in advance can I make this?
Many have asked this question but I don’t see an answer. Is this can pumpkin, raw or something else?
I use canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) when I make it.
Love the simplicity of each recipe!
I worked at Marie Callender’s for years and never thought to get the recipe for the pumpkin cream cheese. This is it! I make this in a gingersnap crust and put the whipped cream on the bottom, and boom. Perfect dupe! For added authenticity, add whipped cream border, caramel drizzle, and pumpkin spice on top. 👌🏼👌🏼
Used a baked graham cracker crust, and folded in whipped coconut cream in the filling rather than whipped cream, but then topped with whipped heavy cream and some toasted unsweetened coconut flakes – Delicious!
I’d love to make this but where I live in England it’s difficult to get cans of pumpkin. What’s best way to produce equivalent amount of pumpkin needed for this recipe using a fresh pumpkin please?
If you can’t find pumpkin, try mashing a boiled or roasted sweet potato!
[…] Pumpkin Cream Pie on Lauren’s Latest […]
[…] LaurensLatest […]
[…] From: LaurensLatest […]
This is a nice alternative to regular pumpkin pie. I used a 9″ graham cracker crust and also sprinkled nutmeg on top rather than cinnamon.
[…] should I make for Thanksgiving dessert” archives next to my Super Speedy Chocolate Pie and my Pumpkin Cream Pie. It’s for all you folks out there who get wrapped up in the holiday festivities and let a […]
[…] Pumpkin Cream Pie […]
I made this for thanksgiving and everyone loved it. Thank you!
So yummy! Friendsgiving dessert was a hit with this and the easy double chocolate pie you linked on this post. Seriously so so good!
[…] Pumpkin Cream Pie […]
Looks amazing! Could I use Cool Whip instead of the heavy whipping cream?
I think your calendar of dates looks great because you’re having a baby at the perfect time in Oregon. You’ll be so preoccupied with the newest blessing that all the grey skies and rain that seem to make winter drag that time of year will be a blur 😉 But this pie! YES! No bake for the win!
That is the best calendar of dates ever! CAN’T WAIT to get to see Brennan Baby #3! What if he shocks you with something besides blue eyes?? I’m telling you, baby #3 is going to be a trickster just like from the start. 😉
Is that raw or canned pumpkin?
Did you use raw pumpkin or canned pumpkin?
What size pumpkin can?
This pie looks so good! My hubs would love. I don’t have nutmeg, ginger or cloves on hand. Do you think pumpkin spice would work just as well?
Is the pumpkin uncooked?