This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Cream Pie is lighter and creamier than traditional pumpkin pie, but just as delicious! Blind bake your pie crust (homemade or store bought) and then fill with a fluffy, creamy, sweet and spicy filling!
A New Kind of Pumpkin Pie
With Thanksgiving nearly here and holiday baking in full swing, I thought it necessary to post a kind of pumpkin pie we all can agree on. I never realized there were so many people who didn’t like pumpkin pie until I posted my Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
In my quest to make the holidays easier (and perhaps even convince a few pumpkin pie haters out there that they’re not so bad) I created this super simple Pumpkin Cream Pie. It’s made with a cream cheese base with lots of pumpkin and spices and then folded together with whipped cream. It’s light, creamy and delicious! Not to mention the perfect kind of last-minute dessert for the holidays which I am all about…like every day of the week.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cream Pie
There are three components to Pumpkin Cream Pie, the pie shell, the filling, and the topping. Here’s everything you need to make all three:
- Pie Shell – I used a store-bought prebaked pie shell for this recipe. However, if you want to make homemade pie crust I have two amazing recipes that get the job done: All Butter Pie Crust and my Traditional Pie Crust Recipe. You can also buy/make a graham cracker crust. Options!
- Cream Cheese– cream cheese brings tangy and creaminess.
- Pumpkin Puree – obviously you need pumpkin to make pumpkin pie!
- Sugar + Vanilla – to sweeten and flavor the filling!
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves & Ginger – all wonderful spices that go great with pumpkin. Plus I garnish the top with a sprinkling of more cinnamon. Feel free to use Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of this homemade spice mix.
- Heavy Cream + Powdered Sugar – these two are used to make whipped cream. Half of it is folded into the filling and the other half tops the whole pie.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Pie
The hardest part about this recipe is blind baking your empty pie shell (which isn’t too hard at all!) If you are using a store bought frozen pie crust, simply follow the package directions. For full recipe details, be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to the printable recipe card.
- Whip cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, and spices until completely smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff.
- Fold half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try!
This time of year brings all sorts of pumpkin recipes. Here are a few of my favorites I thought you would love:
- Amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Bakery-Style Pumpkin Muffins
If you liked this Pumpkin Cream Pie be sure to check out my other pumpkin recipes!
Printable recipe below! Have a great day, friends!!
Pumpkin Cream Pie
- In a large bowl, whip cream cheese together with sugar, vanilla, pumpkin and spices until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape sides and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff. Fold in half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and pour into baked pie shell.
- Top with remaining cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.