Ok, so I know these aren’t squares but they really are supposed to be! Here’s the deal: I have lost my beautiful 8×8 pyrex glass pan which I love dearly. I’m not sure if I brought someone food in it or if it got lost between one of the four (thats right 4!) moves. ANYWAYS, for this recipe, you’re really supposed to use a 8×8 dish and cut out little squares….not take up your whole afternoon making teeny tiny bite-sized minis (although they are pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.)
For the first layer:
For the second layer:
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- green food coloring
For the third layer:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Generously grease 8x8 square baking dish (like my beloved pyrex......rest in peace where ever you are little buddy). You could also line the dish with waxed paper. In large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, coconut and nuts. Set aside. In small pot, boil butter, sugar and cocoa for 30 seconds while stirring. Temper egg into cocoa mixture by first pouring some of the hot mixture into the egg while stirring and then pouring that mixture into the rest of the pot while stirring. Once egg is tempered, pour entire contents of pot into dry ingredients. Stir until everything is combined and moist. Press firmly into prepared dish set in fridge and make 2nd layer.
- for the 2nd layer: Whip all ingredients together until smooth. Pour onto first layer and smooth evenly. Refrigerate. Make 3rd layer.
- for 3rd layer: Microwave chocolate with butter until completely melted and smooth. Spread over second layer evenly. Refrigerate until completely set. Cut into squares.