This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You can satisfy your cheesecake cravings with these easy and delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies. Made easy with pre-made cookie dough!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
I was craving cheesecake the other day. I didn’t want to make a WHOLE cheesecake because, at my house, I’d be practically the only one to be eating it which is not so good for the waistline. So, I opted for an easier version of strawberry cheesecake in a cookie form.
Man are these good! Like, insanely good! Like, give them to my husband to take to work before I eat them all good. Not only are these so fast to make, but they are also cute, fresh, and sweet all at the same time! I made the cookies from some leftover sugar cookie dough I had in the fridge. Instead of doing plain frosting, which is the norm for this time of year, I made an intense cream cheese frosting with only 3 ingredients. They actually remind me of my Fruit Pizza Cookies!
I promise you will love these! Go make a batch and don’t be surprised if you’re tempted to eat them all in one sitting.
Main Ingredients Needed
It only takes 5 main ingredients to make these Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies! So easy! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sugar Cookie Dough – this can either be store-bought or homemade! Try my Chewy Sugar Cookie Recipe!
- Strawberries – use fresh strawberries for best results. You can also replace these with any type of berry you’d like.
- Cream Cheese – this start’s out the frosting, tangy and creamy!
- Sugar – to sweeten.
- Vanilla – used to flavor the frosting.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
For full details on how to make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
1. Bake Sugar Cookies
Roll and bake sugar cookies according to the recipe you are following. Let them cool before topping them.
2. Make Cheesecake Frosting
To make the cheesecake icing, whip room temperature cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth and mixed well.
3. Top with Frosting + Strawberries
Wash and slice strawberries. Top each cookie with 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese frosting and sliced strawberries. I was generous with the ‘cheesecake’ frosting and was able to top 14 cookies. See how easy that was?
Storing Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
Store these strawberry cheesecake cookies in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. You want to refrigerate these babies because of the cream cheese based frosting!
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Because of the cream cheese based frosting I would not suggest freezing these cookies. This is because after thawing the texture of the frosting will become grainy, ew!
More Strawberry Desserts to Try!
The printable recipe card is down below! Enjoy 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Roll and bake sugar cookies according to the recipe you are following. Let them cool before topping them.
- To make the cheesecake icing, whip room temperature cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth and mixed well. **I only use 3 ingredients (and no butter) because I want a strong tangy cream cheese/cheesecake flavor.
- Wash and slice strawberries. Top each cookie with 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese frosting and sliced strawberries. I was generous with the 'cheesecake' icing and was able to top 14 cookies. See how easy that was?