This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You can satisfy your cheesecake cravings with these easy and delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies. These tasty little gems are an easy combination of my Strawberry Cheesecake, Sugar Cookies and Fruit Pizza Cookies.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Basics
Man are these good! Like, insanely good! Not only are these so fast to make, but they are also cute, fresh, and sweet all at the same time! I made the cookies from some leftover sugar cookie dough I had in the fridge. Instead of doing plain frosting, I made an intense cream cheese frosting with only 3 ingredients.
Sugar Cookie Dough
You can use pre-packaged dough from the store or make your own dough. If you’re wanting to make your own dough, this recipe is a great one to use.
For best results, fresh strawberries will work the best for these cookies. You’ll want to rinse, remove stems, dry and slice your strawberries. You can also replace strawberries with any type of berry you’d like.
I use my basic cream cheese frosting recipe. You’ll want your cream cheese and butter at room temperature for a completely smooth frosting.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
For full details on how to make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Bake Sugar Cookies + Cool
Roll and bake sugar cookies according to the recipe you are following. Let them cool before topping them. Here are some great sugar cookie recipes that would work well for this kind of cookie:
- Copycat Swig Sugar Cookies (a pressed sugar cookie)
- Classic Scoop and Bake Sugar Cookies
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
Make ‘Cheesecake’ Cream Cheese Frosting
To make the cheesecake icing, whip room temperature cream cheese with butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and mixed well.
Top with Frosting + Strawberries
Wash and slice strawberries. Top each cookie with 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese frosting and sliced strawberries.
Store these strawberry cheesecake cookies in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days. The strawberries will start looking a little sad after 2 days, but 3 is just fine. You can definitely top the cookies with the frosting and right before serving, top with fresh strawberries.
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Because of the cream cheese based frosting I would not suggest freezing these cookies. This is because after thawing the texture of the frosting will become grainy. No thanks.
More Strawberry Desserts to Try!
- Strawberry Tarts
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Chocolate Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake (a family favorite!)
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Strawberry Pavlova
I hope you love these little cookies as much as we did. The printable recipe card is down below! Enjoy, friends 🙂
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- any sugar cookie dough you have homemade or store bought
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Roll and bake sugar cookies according to the recipe you are following. Let them cool before topping them.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, whip room temperature cream cheese with butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and mixed well.
- Wash and slice strawberries. Top each cookie with 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese frosting and sliced strawberries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, though after 2, the strawberries will start looking sad.
Delicious . First time I ever saw a recipe using cookies and strawberries this way..
Loiks like the perfect cookie to me! Simple idea cute enough for special occasions!
Looks OOOOOOOOOOOOh so good! I'll have to make some for sure!