This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is what I had for lunch 20 minutes ago and it was SO good! There are versions of this salad in most restaurants I think, but this one is cheaper, faster and probably healthier!
For the salad:
- lots of fresh baby spinach
- feta cheese but blue cheese would work too...actually any cheese would be great
- 1 ripe fresh pear
- toasted and chopped walnuts
- any veggies or fruits will do!
For the Maple Tarragon dressing:
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup the real stuff is best, but the fake syrup can be added, you might just need a little more
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup vinegar white distilled or white wine vinegar
- 1/3-1/2 cup light olive oil I like my dressing to have a stronger vinegar and garlic flavor so I use closer to 1/3 cup
- more salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and chop garlic very finely. Sprinkle salt on garlic and using the side of your knife or the back of a spoon, mash the garlic into a paste. Place garlic and salt into the bottom of a salad dressing container or small bowl.
- Stir in maple syrup, tarragon and vinegar. Add oil in a constant stream while whisking, or if you're using a container with a lid, pour it all in and shake it up. You want to emulsify the dressing, or suspend the oil in the other ingredients so its evenly mixed. It'll look sort of creamy when its emulsified.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking. You're ready to mix your salad!