This is what I had for lunch 20 minutes ago and it was SO good! There are versions of this salad in most restaurants I think, but this one is cheaper, faster and probably healthier!
Let me tell you that the dressing is the secret to making your greens and veggies edible. My aunt first made a version of this dressing back in the day when I was 10. I remember vividly how good it was AND, it has become a staple that shows up at every family get together.
When I moved away from home, I didn’t have a recipe for this so I kept mixing stuff together until it tasted the same. To be honest, you can put any vegetables together for any sort of salad and I swear it would be just as delicious because thats how good the dressing is! Honestly. Give it a try and see what you think!
My FAVORITE Salad....For Fow
- For the salad:
- lots of fresh baby spinach
- feta cheese but blue cheese would work too...actually any cheese would be great
- 1 ripe fresh pear
- toasted and chopped walnuts not much of a recipe, huh?
- but any veggies or fruits will do!For the Maple Tarragon dressing:
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small
- 1/2 teaspoon sal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup the real stuff is best, but the fake syrup can be added, you might just need a little more
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup vinegar white distilled or white wine vinegar
- 1/3-1/2 cup light olive oil I like my dressing to have a stronger vinegar and garlic flavor so I use closer to 1/3 cup
- more salt & pepper to taste
Peel and chop garlic very finely. Sprinkle salt on garlic and using the side of your knife or the back of a spoon, mash the garlic into a paste. Place garlic and salt into the bottom of a salad dressing container or small bowl. Stir in maple syrup, tarragon and vinegar. Add oil in a constant stream while whisking, or if you're using a container with a lid, pour it all in and shake it up. You want to emulsify the dressing, or suspend the oil in the other ingredients so its evenly mixed. It'll look sort of creamy when its emulsified. Taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking. You're ready to mix your salad!