This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Taco Spaghetti
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey 99% fat free
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.25 oz taco seasoning
- 10 oz Rotel 1 can, I used Mild
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 8 oz Barilla Protein Plus Spaghetti broken into 1 inch pieces
- 12 oz fat free evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 oz grated cheddar cheese or monterey jack
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 green onions chopped
- Spray a large, deep skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and ground turkey with salt and pepper, breaking apart as the meat cooks.
- Once turkey is thoroughly cooked, stir in taco seasoning, Rotel, chicken stock and broken spaghetti pieces. Cover and bring to boil, then reduce to simmer and cook until spaghetti has softened, 7 minutes or so.
- While spaghetti is cooking, whisk flour and evaporated milk together until smooth. Once spaghetti is al dente, add in milk-flour mixture and cook until sauce has thickened. Stir in grated cheese, corn and green onions. Divide into four portions and serve.