This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!
When I first developed this cookie ice cream sandwich recipe (way back in 2013), it was a quick, go-to summer snack made with store-bought ingredients only. Since then, I’ve come up with some great cookie and ice cream recipes that you can absolutely use to create fun and tasty ice cream sandwiches including my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream! The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it completely homemade, semi-homemade, or all from store-bought ingredients and still get amazing results! So let’s get started!
Main Ingredients Needed
You only need three main components to make these Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – I used mini chocolate chip cookies from Trader Joe’s, but feel free to use whatever storebought cookie you’d like. Or make it homemade with my Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – I used Breyer’s vanilla bean ice cream, but you don’t have to make this recipe with just vanilla ice cream. Use what you have! Or make it homemade with my Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe.
- Sprinkles or Mini Chocolate Chips – these are optional but create a fun activity for kids and can be made festive for holidays!
Tips + Tricks
Freeze after baking for 20-30 minutes. This ensures that the cookies don’t break or tear apart when squishing down on the ice cream.
No worries, just let it sit out to soften a bit, then refreeze!
How to Make Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
For full details on how to make Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, see the recipe card down below 🙂
1. Make/Buy the Cookies + Ice Cream
Start out by making or buying cookies and/or ice cream!
Like I said above, this recipe is really only going to take up as much time as you want it to take up. Go all out and make it all homemade or take it easy and make it semi-homemade or all store-bought. Either way, you’re going to have a great end product.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop ice cream balls onto one chocolate chip cookie, topping with a second one. Press down slightly. Repeat with as many as you’d like.
Freeze 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and roll edges in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips (optional). Freeze until you’re ready to serve.
How to Store Ice Cream Sandwiches
After the cookie ice cream sandwiches have been assembled and frozen you can either individually wrap each one in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag. These will last in the freezer for about a month, which makes them a perfect make-ahead treat!
More Ice Cream Recipes to Try!
- Halloween Ice Cream Sandwich Spiders
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake
- No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Homemade Snickers Ice Cream
Try these out on your kids and see how fast their eyes pop out of their heads. It’s a fun little game to try 🙂
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- *Start out by making or buying cookies and/or ice cream!
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop ice cream balls onto one chocolate chip cookie, topping with a second one. Press down slightly. Repeat with as many as you'd like.
- Freeze 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and roll edges in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips (optional). Freeze until you're ready to serve.