Hey guys! You’ve probably noticed those Banoffee Bars staring you down these last few days, huh? They are amazing and you should make them. Duh. I think you already knew that. BUT, more importantly, you should go vote for them on the Around the World in 80 Plates Facebook page. I’m in a little friendly contest with some other bloggers and would LOVE to…..umm…how do I politely say kick their trash? This link will take you directly to my photo. Just click ‘like’ and that’s it. Please and THANK YOU! 🙂
FYI-More verbal harassment may or may not be coming your way in the near future.
Now, onto something a little less sweet and a lot more….bacony.
Tuna fish sandwich meets california club = one amazing love child. Have I gone off my rocker with this recipe? Perhaps. But here is my logic:
1. Bacon makes everything taste better.
2. Bacon makes everything taste better.
That’s basically it.
Avocados make everything taste better too.
I had some leftover tuna fish in the fridge in one of those glass bowls with the plastic lids. Leaning against said bowl on the 2nd shelf in my fridge was half a package of bacon. I pulled the bowl out and the bacon fell flat on said 2nd shelf.
I looked at the bacon. The bacon looked at me. And that was that.
Best decision I ever made. Twas a good lunch day.
So, because this was an impromptu lunch, there aren’t any step by step photos. But, we’re all adults so I assume you can envision cooking bacon yourself without my help. You can read all about my tuna salad here. It’s purdy darn good. Happy lunching!
Here’s the handy dandy printable:
Tuna California Club Sandwich
- 1 recipe of The Best Tuna Fish Salad Sandwich Mix
- 9 slices cooked bacon
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- tomato slices
- spinach or lettuce
- 6 slices good quality bread
- more mayonnaise if desired
- On one slice of bread, place some spinach, prepared tuna salad, tomato slices, avocado slices and 3 bacon slices. Spread extra mayonnaise on the top piece of bread and top sandwich. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve.