This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Made with only three ingredients, this is Watermelon Mint Salad! Perfect for summer this salad is cold, refreshing, and naturally sweet! Feta cheese optional!
I am so happy to be sharing this Watermelon Mint Salad with you all today! It is one of the easiest summer salads to make that instantly cools you down on a hot day. Make it ahead of time and let it chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Basic watermelon just got that much more delicious! You’re going to want to make this immediately. The perfect side dish for my Grilled Burgers, Pulled Pork Sandwiches or easy Grilled Pizza (my favorite!)
Watermelon Salad: my new favorite thing
This summer has been filled with all sorts of hot and muggy days, but one thing that I kept making on repeat was this was memorable and oh so refreshing watermelon salad spiked with a ton of fresh mint. As long as you have a sweet watermelon, this will surely be the easiest salad recipe you’ve ever made.
Ingredients Needed for Watermelon Mint Salad
All you need is three simple ingredients to create something magical! Here’s what you need to make this Watermelon Mint Salad:
- Watermelon – buy a whole watermelon and slice it yourself instead of buying prechopped pieces. There are a ton of techniques for picking out a ripe melon, but I have found that this guide has helped a ton!
- Mint – once again, fresh is best! Mint brings a whole other level of refreshing and cold to this salad.
- Lemon Juice – this keeps things bright and fresh as well as balancing out the naturally sweet juices of the watermelon.
Feel free to customize this Watermelon Mint Salad to suit your wants! Here are a couple of popular variations to this recipe:
- Dressing: make the dressing a little more savory by drizzling in olive oil then seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Feta: feta is a sharp Greek cheese that would be so good with watermelon!
- Cucumber: chop up some cucumber for more crunch and flavor.
How to Make Watermelon Mint Salad
Making this salad couldn’t be any easier. And, pro tip: the longer this sits, the more delicious it becomes. My father-in-law loved this with a sprinkling of salt too to really bring out that sweet watermelon flavor. Yum! For full details, including measurements, see the recipe card down below!
- Simply cut up the watermelon, finely chop the mint, then toss together with lemon juice!
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and just as an FYI it gets better the longer it sits.
More Fruit Salads to Try!
That’s it! A simple Melon Salad perfect for those smoldering hot days.
The printable recipe card is below 🙂
Mint Watermelon Salad
- 1/2 seedless watermelon cubed, about 8 cups
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss watermelon cubes with lemon juice and fresh mint.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. The longer this sits, the better it gets! Serve cold.