This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad is a green salad, mixed with bacon, blue cheese, avocado, tomato, black beans and an incredibly tasty homemade dressing. It’s super simple to make and it is so flavorful, it’ll quickly become one of your go to salads, just like Cucumber Tomato Salad or Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. Yum!
Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad | A Favorite Salad
I went to California Pizza Kitchen last Saturday and fell in love with their BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad all over again. I used to love that salad, then magically forgot that restaurant even existed. #pregnancybrain I’m really smart like that. Chopped salads are my LIFE. I now crave them 94% of the time.
Instead of trying to recreate this salad, I made a whole new kind with ingredients I had on hand. Totally fell in love all over again. Even my husband who isn’t that big of a blue cheese fan was loving this! The only thing I regretted was not making a bigger bowl. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow, right?
Follow my simple steps below for the best Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad you’ve ever had!
Main Ingredients Needed
Just 6 ingredients are needed to make this mouth watering Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad. Here’s what you should start gathering:
- Romaine Lettuce– I used romaine lettuce, but you can use butter lettuce, iceberg or whatever you prefer.
- Tomato– for color and flavor.
- Bacon– the perfect salty complement to this salad.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles– chopped in smaller pieces. Bigger chunks will fall to the bottom of the salad and not mix as well.
- Avocado– for creamy texture and color.
- Black beans– for extra protein.
For The Dressing
- Garlic– for flavor.
- Mayonnaise + Lemon Juice- this combo drizzled over the salad brings all the ingredients together in mouth-watering goodness.
- Salt + Pepper- for flavor.
How to Make Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad | Directions
For full details on how to make this Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad, see the recipe card down below.
Chop Veggies + Cook Bacon
Chop lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and add to a large bowl. Cook bacon until desired crispness, and then chop and add to bowl. Add black beans and blue cheese crumbles.
Make Dressing + Assemble
In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together and toss with salad. Serve immediately.
Want to Make This Salad Ahead of Time?
If you’re wanting to make Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad in advance, chop everything, except the avocado first, then add the avocado and toss with the dressing right before serving. That way everything won’t get soggy, and the avocado stays green.
Soggy salad= no bueno.
More Salads That Use Blue Cheese!
- Pea Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- Harvest Apple Blue Cheese Salad
- Iceberg Wedge Salad Recipe
- California Cobb Salad
Anyways, here’s the printable recipe card below! Have a great day! 🙂
Bacon Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
- 1 large romaine heart washed and chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained
For the dressing-
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice about 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and add to a large bowl. Cook bacon until desired crispness, and then chop and add to bowl. Add black beans and blue cheese crumbles. Toss together and set aside.
- For dressing, whisk all ingredients together and toss with salad. Serve immediately.