This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chop up your ingredients then top with dressing, this is a simple yet delicious California Cobb Salad recipe! Enjoy for lunch, dinner, or as a snack.
California Cobb Salad
Since I’m posting a salad recipe today, I thought I’d tell you about my salad hiatus. I think it has to do with the colder weather? Who knows. But every year, once the cold weather hits, I opt for roasted vegetables or vegetable soups, not salads. I’m not sure why or how, but I managed to crave this Cobb Salad beauty so I made it happen, conveniently on the day that I had a film crew in my house.
But first, what is a cobb salad?
Cobb salad is an all American garden salad! Typically made with salad greens, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, bacon, chicken, avocado, and chives and topped with a red wine vinegarette.
I made this recipe with slight variations to the classic but it is still SO good! Gather up these ingredients to get started:
- romaine lettuce
- blue cheese
- grape tomatoes
- hard-boiled eggs
- ranch dressing
How to make Cobb Salad
This California Cobb Salad recipe is easy to throw together! Prepare your ingredients then toss in a bowl or line them up as pictured. For full recipe details, check the recipe card down below!
To make the dressing simply combine regular ranch dressing with blue cheese crumbles and chopped chives. Voila! A simple cobb salad dressing.
- Cheese – a great replacement for blue cheese is feta or even a nice mild cheddar would be good. I know not everyone is a fan of blue cheese and that’s okay 🙂
- Dressing – if you want to go the more traditional route, pick up or look for a red wine vinaigrette. Or just go with a regular ranch.
- Chicken – classic cobb salad calls for cooked chicken! Consider grilling some or to make it quick, use shredded rotisserie chicken.
More Salad Recipes to Try!
If you loved this salad, be sure to check out my other salad recipes!
- Chinese Cabbage Salad
- Charred Tomatillo Avocado Dressing + Salad
- Dorito Taco Salad Recipe
- Kale Salad Recipe
- Southwest Salad Recipe with Chicken
Anyways, be sure to click play below to watch the whole video and scroll down to get the printable recipe!
Have a great day!
California Cobb Salad Recipe
- 10 oz pre-washed romaine lettuce 1 bag
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4 hardboiled eggs cut into quarters
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 recipe blue cheese dressing
- Divide bag of lettuce between two bowls. Top with blue cheese, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss together with the blue cheese dressing listed above or any other dressing. Serve immediately.