Hello Sunshines! It SNOWED in Boise yesterday, so my kids are in heaven and I am huddled under seventeen blankets. I sent my husband out to switch our cars over to snow tires and I am on hot chocolate duty…right where I want to be.
Since I’m posting a salad recipe today, I thought I’d tell you about my salad hiatus. Did I ever tell you that I was on a salad hiatus?
Correction: my stomach was on salad hiatus.
My brain kept saying “VEGETABLES” but I just couldn’t stomach salad.
I think it has to do with the colder weather? Who knows. But every year at this time, once the cold weather hits, I opt for roasted vegetables or vegetable soups, not salads. Unless it’s Cafe Rio salad, or a salad that someone else made, I consume zero leafy greens.
I’m not sure why or how, but I managed to crave this California Cobb beauty so I made it happen, conveniently on the day that I had a film crew in my house. Every so often that happens. Ah, my life.
Made with blue cheese, grape tomatoes, bacon, avocado, and hard-boiled eggs, then topped with blue cheese dressing, this Cobb Salad was a winner.
Anyways, be sure to click play above to watch the whole video and scroll down to get the printable recipe!
Have a great day!
California Cobb Salad
- 10 oz pre-washed romaine lettuce 1 bag
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4 hardboiled eggs cut into quarters
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 recipe blue cheese dressing
- Divide bag of lettuce between two bowls. Top with blue cheese, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss together with the blue cheese dressing listed above or any other dressing. Serve immediately.