I’m pretty confident in saying my thighs will never shrink.
I exercised and worked out pretty hard and was on a strict diet. I was seeing results. Great results, actually.
Hello again, abs. Nice to see you!
After 3 months, we took measurements and guess what? I was smaller everywhere. And by everywhere, I mean everywhere but my legs. Like, there was literally no change. My trainer, bless his heart, said my legs were already pretty muscular so it would be unlikely to see a big change. A semi-nice thing to say, but it made me slightly bitter towards my lower half.
So, since then, I had another baby and have been trying, but not too hard, to lose the baby weight. Hitting the gym, eating more vegetables, etc..
My husband is pretty gung-ho about eating low carb, but I’m more dedicated than ever to my bread. Because the only reason I’d eat low carb was to get smaller legs and we all know that ain’t gonna happen.
So, today I’m sharing a low carb, high protein, soup for my husband that I served with big, lovely biscuits because THIS IS WHO I AM.
The soup really tastes amazing on its own, but it tastes even better with a warm biscuit on the side. The creamy and light soup is a fast weeknight meal that is pretty healthful that my kids gobbled up in no time. Though, I may have bribed them with biscuits. They are cut from the same cloth as their mama.
Anyways, hope you all have a great Monday! Printable recipe below!
More Chicken Soup Recipes to Warm Up your day!
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles
- Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken and Dumplings
- Creamy Chicken Chowder
- Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and carrots 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over flour and stir to absorb and cook out raw flour flavor. Pour in chicken broth and seasonings and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer and add in raw chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove chicken pieces to a clean plate and shred. Add chicken back into pot. Stir in frozen corn and peas and heavy cream. Reduce heat to low for another 5 minutes and then serve. Serve with biscuits.