This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A lighter, lower-calorie version of Chicken Pot Pie that is faster and easier to make but just as delicious! This is Chicken Pot Pie Soup!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Today I’m sharing a low carb, high protein, Chicken Pot Pie Soup that I served with big, lovely biscuits because THIS IS WHO I AM. The soup really tastes amazing on its own, but it tastes even better with a warm biscuit on the side. The creamy and light soup is a fast weeknight meal that is pretty healthful that my kids gobbled up in no time. Though, I may have bribed them with biscuits. They are cut from the same cloth as their mama.
Main Ingredients Needed
Chicken Pot Pie Soup is made from simple yet flavorful ingredients, giving you a tasty healthy soup! Here’s what you need:
- Butter and Flour – these are used to make a roux as the base of the soup.
- Onion, Celery, and Carrots – these all are used for flavor and texture.
- Chicken Broth – broth makes this dish soupy as well as adding flavor.
- Bay Leaf, Poultry Seasoning, Salt and Pepper – these four seasonings go a long way in making this soup delicious.
- Chicken Tenders – you can also use rotisserie chicken here to make this soup an even quicker meal.
- Frozen Corn and Frozen Peas – both are frozen to save time! But don’t worry because they are still packed full of vitamins.
- Heavy Cream – to thicken and for creaminess.
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Making Chicken Pot Pie Soup could not be any easier. Cook your veggies, make a roux, season, cook chicken, then add in frozen veggies and cream, all in one pot! For full details see the recipe card down below!
- In a large pot, melt butter. Saute onion, celery, and carrots until tender.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir to absorb and cookout raw flour flavor. Pour in chicken broth and seasonings and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer and add in raw chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done. Remove chicken pieces to a clean plate and shred. Add chicken back into the pot.
- Stir in frozen corn and peas and heavy cream. Reduce heat to low for another couple of minutes and then serve. Serve with biscuits or enjoy in a bread bowl!
One of my readers added quinoa to their Chicken Pot Pie Soup to make it more filling while still maintaining all of its healthy benefits. Way to go!
More Soup Recipes to Try!
That’s it! Chicken Pot Pie Soup, done in under an hour, healthy, warm, and comforting. Consider making this recipe as the weather gets chillier.
The printable recipe card is below! Enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and carrots 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over flour and stir to absorb and cook out raw flour flavor. Pour in chicken broth and seasonings and bring to boil. Then reduce to simmer and add in raw chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove chicken pieces to a clean plate and shred. Add chicken back into pot. Stir in frozen corn and peas and heavy cream. Reduce heat to low for another 5 minutes and then serve. Serve with biscuits.