This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Mint Cookies are chewy, sweet and SO addicting! Perfect for Santa and almost as fudgy as brownies. Filled with my favorite mint truffle Hershey’s Kisses, these soft and minty cookies are so easy and so fabulous. Everyone will LOVE ’em!
A Holiday Cookie Favorite
I’m so thrilled to be sharing this recipe for chocolate mint cookies with you today! Made with simple pantry ingredients and laced with lots of mint truffle kisses, these are one of my very favorite Christmas Cookies to make.
Believe it or not, this recipe has been on my site for YEARS! Every Christmas since 2011 when I first developed this recipe, I’ve been making these. They are a holiday staple at my house and I know you will love them just the same. Typically, these are the first treats gone at any party.
How to Make Chocolate Mint Cookies
Luckily for you these Chocolate Mint Cookies are not hard to make, which could be a blessing or a curse. 🙂 For full details, including ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card down below!
Preheat + Prep Cookie Sheets
Preheat oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla and beat until pale yellow. Gently stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Fold in chopped Mint Truffle Hershey’s Kisses.
Drop onto Baking Sheet + Bake
Drop by the tablespoon full onto a greased baking sheet. Bake. The edges should be set with slightly soft middles. Remove from oven, cool and transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Because it’s the holidays and most of us are baking up a storm, we want to be able to store these sweet treats for as long as possible! Here are the best ways to store these Chocolate Mint Cookies to keep them fresh and chewy for as long as possible.
At Room Temperature
Once your cookies are cool, transfer them to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to two days with a slice of plain white bread. The bread helps keep the cookies moist and soft.
In the Refrigerator
To store your cookies in the fridge, transfer the cooled cookies to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to four days. This can make the edges get a little too crispy for my liking. But! To enjoy, simply microwave briefly for a few seconds to get them melty, warm and soft.
In the Freezer
To store your cookies in the freezer, transfer the cooled cookies to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to three months. To enjoy, simply microwave briefly for a few seconds to get them melty, warm and soft.
More Minty Treats to Try!
- Mint Brownies
- Peppermint Fudge
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Triple Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Brownie Bites
So happy holidays in advance! Spread Christmas cheer with some great baking!
Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses in half. Set aside as you make the cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla and beat until pale yellow, 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Fold in chopped Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets (about 8 cookies per sheet). Bake 8-9 minutes. The edges should be set with slightly soft middles.
- Remove from oven, cool 3 minutes on the hot cookie sheets, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.