This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Mint Cookies are SO addicting! Perfect for Santa, they are almost as fudgy as brownies. So easy and so fabulous. Yum!
Chocolate Mint Cookies
Do I have some fabulous chocolate mint cookies for you today! A few years ago, I got my hands on a great chewy chocolate cookie recipe from a lady named Natalia de Savigny–a Mom of two of my good friends. Anyway, I adapted it over the years and this is yet another adaptation.
I once brought these to a party and they were the first ones gone. And then I made another batch a week later and everyone again ate them up in one sitting! They didn’t even survive 24 hours! Chewy chocolate cookies laced with Mint Truffle Kisses, are truly addicting.
Start by gathering up these ingredients to make these incredible Chocolate Mint Cookies:
- Butter + Sugar – for flavor and to sweeten!
- Egg – this provided structure and texture.
- Vanilla Extract + Cocoa Powder – two flavoring ingredients. Vanilla is more subtle while the unsweetened cocoa powder makes these cookies chocolatey.
- Flour – all-purpose flour fills out these cookies.
- Baking soda + Salt – baking soda to help the cookies rise and the salt to balance out the flavors.
- Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses – these are a seasonal thing! I originally found them right after Thanksgiving. You could also use plain mint chips too. And if you just want plain chewy chocolate cookies, leave the Mint Truffle Kisses out. They are pretty stellar on their own.
How to Make Chocolate Mint Cookies
Luckily for you these Chocolate Mint Cookies are not hard to make, which could be a blessing or a curse. For full details, including increments, see the recipe card down below!
- Preheat oven. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla and beat until pale yellow. Gently stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Fold in chopped Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake. Remove from oven, cool a couple of mintues then transfer cookies to cooling rack.
More Minty Treats to Try!
- Mint Brownies
- Peppermint Fudge
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting
- Triple Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
So happy holidays in advance! Spread Christmas cheer with some great baking!
Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla and beat until pale yellow, 2 minutes. Gently stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Fold in chopped Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets (about 8 cookies per sheet). Bake 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven, cool 3 minutes then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.