This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Mint Brownie Bites are super easy to make with a mint truffle kiss hidden inside topped with minty buttercream. Bite-sized and based off my classic homemade triple fudge Brownies recipe with tons of minty flavor! Yum!
Super Easy Brownie Bites!
Super easy, just like my classic Brownie Bites but with a mint truffle kiss hidden inside topped with minty buttercream. Totally to die for, easy to make, and make adorable for gifts, snacks, or desserts. Feel free to use Andes Mints in place of the mint truffle kisses if you’re having a difficult time finding them!
How to Make Mint Brownie Bites
For full recipe details, including ingredients needed and measurements, see the printable recipe card down below. Here is step by step what to expect when making these Brownie Bites:
Preheat Oven + Prep Mini Muffin Tins
Preheat oven. Line 48 mini muffin tins with paper liners. Set side.
Make the Batter
Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave. Stir in sugar and cocoa.
Stir in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until just combined and there are no lumps of dry ingredients left.
Spoon into Mini Muffin Tins
Spoon into prepared pan to fill 2/3 full (about 1 tablespoon or so of batter). Unwrap Mint Truffle Kisses or Andes Mints and press 1 into each brownie bite.
Note: I don’t sink my kisses or mints way down because if they touch the bottom of the pan, then the chocolate gets sort of crispy.
Bake + Cool
Bake 10-12 minutes or until brownie is thoroughly cooked. Cool completely before frosting.
Make the Mint Frosting
Whip powdered sugar, vanilla and peppermint extract together with a stand mixer or handheld mixer until smooth and creamy. Add a touch of green food coloring and a few more spins in the mixer.
*Note – I didn’t have to add any milk. If your frosting is too dry, add in tiny splashes of milk until it starts coming together.
Frost Brownie Bites
Frost the tops of each brownie bite and add a piece of mint truffle kiss to each one as decoration.
I ended up using a Wilton disposable piping bag and a big fat tip to make these frosting domes. And, I cut some extra kisses into 4 to add as garnish.
Storing Mint Brownie Bites
This recipe makes about 48 mini brownie bites. If you can’t eat them all in a day or two, you’re really going to want to save these for another time. I like to cover the brownie bites in an airtight container with plastic wrap or tight fitting lid and refrigerate.
If you DO want to store these brownies for longer than a few days, store them all in an airtight, freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Mint Chocolate Recipes to Try!
I think these Chocolate Mint Brownie Bites ended up so cute! And everyone loves the surprise inside! I LOVE mint and chocolate together and hope you do too! If you make this recipe, I would love it if you would give it a star rating and let me know what you think in the comments.
The printable recipe card is below. Enjoy!
Mint Brownie Bites
for the brownies-
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 6 oz bittersweet dark chocolate I used Scharffen Berger
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder I used Scharffen Berger
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 48 Mint Truffle Hershey's Kisses plus more for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 48 mini muffin tins with paper liners and set side.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave. Stir in sugar and cocoa. Stir in eggs and vanilla. Stir in all dry ingredients. Spoon into prepared pan to fill 2/3 way. Unwrap Mint Truffle kisses and press 1 into each brownie bite. Bake 10-12 minutes or until brownie is thoroughly cooked. Cool completely.
- For the frosting, whip all ingredients together in a large stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Frost the tops of each brownie bite and add a piece of mint truffle kiss to each one as decoration. Serve.