This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I can’t wait to spill the beans (pun intended!) on this Coffee mate Italian Sweet Cream Recipe with you. Trust me, this isn’t your run-of-the-mill copycat recipe. I’ve been playing around with this homemade creamer, doing some kitchen wizardry with my morning coffee to find that ideal blend of creaminess and extracts. I’m pretty darn convinced I’ve struck gold with this homemade recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Italian Sweet Cream Recipe
Ah, the quest for the perfect cup of coffee. Sure, you can settle for the mass-produced, store-bought version that claims to be “Italian Sweet Cream,” but let’s be real – it’s about as authentically Italian as a cardboard pizza.
If you’re tired of compromising on flavor and longing for a coffee mate that won’t make you question your life choices, you’ve stumbled upon the right corner of the internet. Brace yourselves, coffee lovers, because we’re about to whip up a homemade coffee creamer that puts them all to shame.
Whether you use it in your hot cup of coffee in the morning or your iced coffee, this creamer was invented to “treat yo-self”!
Main Ingredients Needed
This easy recipe uses simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand!
- Heavy Cream – this is a creamer afterall
- Half and Half – to cut the richness a bit
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – for sweetener and velvety texture
- Vanilla Extract – for flavor
- Almond Extract – for that classic Italian twist
How to Make Sweet Italian Cream Creamer
Making this Sweet Italian Cream is so easy (like so easy), you’ll wonder why you’re just now making it happen. The hardest part of this recipe is opening the can of milk! For full recipe details, including ingredients and measurements, see the printable recipe card down below. Here’s step by step directions for how to make it:
1. In a small bowl or jar, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, equal parts heavy cream and half and half, and equal parts vanilla extract and almond extract until well combined.
2. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. I either use a mason jar or I love this creamer dispenser!
3. Shake well before using each time.
Homemade Italian Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer Recipe FAQ
This Italian Sweet Cream Creamer recipe makes about 1 quart (64 tablespoons). I use 2 tablespoon per cup of coffee. The nutrition facts are based on 1 tablespoon.
To lessen the sweetness of this creamer, just use less sweetened condensed milk.
Yes, to make non-dairy creamer you can experiment with non-dairy milk options for this Italian Sweet Cream recipe. Try subbing out almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk to create a dairy-free version. Also, substitute non-dairy sweeteners like monk fruit, if you prefer.
Homemade Italian Sweet Cream creamer’s typical shelf life (stored in the refrigerator) is two-three weeks. Make sure to check for any signs of spoilage and use your judgment.
More Beverage Recipes To Try!
Here’s the printable recipe card. I hope you give this homemade version of this grocery store coffee creamer favorite a try! Have a lovely day, friends!
If you make this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you would give it a star rating and leave your review in the comments! If you have a picture of your finished dish, post it on Instagram using the hashtag #laurenslatest and tagging me @laurens_latest.
Coffee mate Italian Sweet Cream Recipe
- Whisk all ingredients together for 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an airtight container (like a mason jar or creamer dispenser) in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- Shake well before using each time.