YOU GUYS. Guess what?
Beyonce performed at some awards ceremony and won some award that had to do with Michael Jackson.
Did your life stop too when you heard about that?
Thanks yahoo news for making my newsfeed explode with that headline. Cause nothing else in the world is more important than that. GEEZE.
At the ripe old age of 28, I’m becoming old and crotchety. *see comment above
What can I say? I have kids, I work 40+ hours a week and 107% of the time I need a nap. Keeping up with celebrity news is not exactly a priority in my life.
I mean, occasionally I squeeze in a 5 minute sesame street session but I don’t think that counts. Plus, I’m happy most days I can remember who Beyonce is. #babysteps
These days, my life is filled with inquiring little minds, sticky hands, dirty diapers, date nights and lots of cooking. It feels like a hamster wheel most days, but yesterday I was reminded that there is joy in the monotonous.
I guess what I’m trying to say is be grateful for what you have. And, I may have an addiction to brownies.
Anyways, I made a fabulous creamy chicken chowder to go into those bread bowls I shared yesterday. It’s warm, comforting and really is the quintessential healthier Fall meal.
Here’s how you make it:
Start by chopping some veggies: onion, zucchini, carrot and celery. Saute these in a little butter.
You also want to grate some garlic too and add it into the pot.
Once veggies are soft and lovely, sprinkle in some flour.
Stir it around to cook out the raw flour flavor,
then pour in some water.
Bring this to a boil to thicken, then add in…
…some whole milk and
a few spices. Easy peasy.
Slide in some whole chicken breasts to the chowder to lightly poach.
After 10-15 minutes, these should be completely cooked. Score!
Shred this hot chicken using two forks and slide back into the chowder,
along with some frozen corn. Cook 2-3 minutes to warm through completely and then serve!
Creamy and fabulous stick-to-your ribs comfort food that my family loved!!
Here’s the printable; have a lovely hump day 🙂
Creamy Chicken Chowder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 3 large carrots diced
- 1 large clove garlic grated
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chicken bouillon paste*
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, zucchini, celery and carrot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in grated garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, stir to coat veggies and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in water and bring to boil over medium high heat to thicken. Reduce heat to low and add in milk and seasonings. DO NOT bring the soup to boil after the milk has been added to ensure soup doesn't curdle.
- Slide whole chicken breasts into hot liquid and poach 10-15 minutes until fully cooked. Remove and shred chicken, then slide back into chowder. Stir in frozen corn to warm through, then serve immediately.
*or chicken broth crystals/powder enough for 8 cups of liquid