If you’re wondering how to make fast and easy delicious fish that tastes just like the restaurants make it, then this is the Baked Cod recipe for you! Salty, creamy, herby and cheesy! The perfect blend of textures and flavors.
Here’s a ridiculously delicious baked cod recipe. I know lots of you don’t particularly like fish, but I guarantee that this recipe is bound to win a few hearts and tummies over. All you will need to pick up is some fresh cod and mayyyybe some fresh herbs if you don’t already have them! It’s a simple dinner that is fancy enough for guests but easy enough for any weekday. Oh, and did I mention that this tastes like it came out of a restaurant? Cause it totally does. –>it’s like the best part!! Try it out asap! I’d love to know what you think of my latest and greatest dinner recipe 🙂
Baked Cod Recipe Ingredients
Cod – I used cod but a lot of my readers have used other fish for this recipe with stellar results. Check out the comments to see what others have done.
Mayonnaise – Please do not use miracle whip. However, if you absolutely hate mayo some of my readers have substituted it for sour cream or greek yogurt.
Seasonings – This includes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and basil.
Parmigiano Reggiano – The important thing to do for this ingredient is to use freshly grated cheese, not the pre-grated stuff.
How to Bake Cod
Start by making the spread for the fish. Mayo, fresh herbs, garlic, cheese, etc.
All good things, all good things.
Stir all those ingredients together until well incorporated and then smear your fish filets with it….
…like so! Pop this into the oven until it’s just about done. THEN! Switch over to the broiler to crisp up the top!
Aha! Dat fish es dun!
Believe it or not, the fish stays unbelievably moist, tender and flaky, plus has this buttery herby slightly crunchy cheesy crust that will knock your freakin-motha-freakin’ socks off.
Seriously, anyone can make this recipe and make it perfectly the first time around. Holla!
Make sure to save this recipe because it’s a good one. Printable recipe card below, enjoy!
Other fish recipes you might like:
- Crunchy Baked Fish Sticks with Cucumber Dill Sauce
- Honey Butter Sesame Salmon
- The Easiest Fish Tacos
- Asian Salmon Recipe
- Crispy Red Fish Sandwiches & Old Bay Home Fries
Garlic and Herb Baked Cod Recipe
- 2 lbs. cod fillets
- 1/3 cup real mayonnaise not miracle whip
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigianno Regianno cheese no pre-grated cheese please!
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh parsley and basil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Place fish fillets onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise together with cheese, fresh herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined. Spread evenly over the top of the fillets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish starts looking opaque and will flake. Switch oven to broiler and brown the tops of the fish until lightly golden. Remove from oven, cool 3-5 minutes and serve.