This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy and quick, this Fish Taco Recipe is bursting with flavor! Topped with a simple salad and a drizzle of fish taco sauce, plus no frying!
If you love tacos as much as I do, then this Fish Taco Recipe will be a big hit at your house, just like they were at mine! This is an easy dinner that can be made in 30 minutes or less with some help from Trader Joes. Served with a fresh salad and fish taco sauce, these fish tacos are worth making.
Fish Taco Recipe
To start this fish taco recipe off right, gather up these ingredients:
- Frozen Prepared Fish Sticks – I got mine from Trader Joes but you could use your favorite brand for this recipe as well.
- Flour Tortillas – flour tortillas offer a nice soft texture in contrast to the crunchy exterior of the fish sticks.
- Lettuce – a crisp and refreshing bite.
- Avocado – creamy and gentle, sliced avocado works swimmingly with these fish tacos.
Fish Taco Sauce
A simple fish taco sauce finishes off these tacos and adds a ton of flavor. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Sour Cream – tangy creamy goodness.
- Mayonaisse – this adds a ton of flavor. Please don’t use miracle whip here.
- Taco Seasoning – store-bought or a homemade blend, either work.
- Lime Juice – to give it a hint of tartness.
To give some variety in this fish taco recipe, I made a fresh salad to go along with it. Alternatively, you can also whip up a nice slaw for the same effect.
- Black Beans – one can, rinsed and drained. If you rather use another type of bean here feel free.
- Sweet Corn – one can, rinsed. The sweetness and crunch from the corn are a great addition to these tacos.
- Tomatoes – diced. For its flavor and acidity.
- Red Onion – diced. For its raw bite!
- Cilantro – chopped, to taste. If you don’t like cilantro don’t add it.
- Lime Juice – more lime juice to keep everything fresh and lively.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
How to Make Fish Tacos
- So, this fish taco recipe starts with store-bought fish sticks. These were beer-battered halibut pieces from Trader Joes. Really tasty. Throw these into the oven to get crispy and golden.
- While the fish is cooking, stir up a little fish taco sauce. All this is, is equal parts mayo to sour cream with a little lime juice and taco seasoning. See? Easy peasy. Stir this together until smooth and set aside.
- Your fish should still be cooking, so you can stir up a little salad. All that is in here is a can of black beans, a can of corn, diced tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, more lime juice with a little salt and pepper. YUM.
- Also, grab some lettuce and tortillas. Now we can assemble 🙂 Place 1 piece of fish onto 1 tortilla and top with salad, fish taco sauce, lettuce, and avocado. Serve.
More Tacos to Try and Love!
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Mojito Lime Fish Tacos
- Taco Sloppy Joes
- Asian Beef Tacos
Here’s how she blows: tortilla, fish, lettuce, salad, avocado, sauce. Shovel that baby into your mouth and proceed to eat 14 more. You know you want to 🙂
Fish Taco Recipe: Super tasty, super EASY and it won’t break the bank. My idea of a great dinner. Here’s the printable–
Have a great day!
Fish Taco Recipe
- 8 pieces frozen prepared fish sticks got mine at trader joes
- 8 small flour tortillas
for the sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
for the salad:
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- chopped cilantro to taste
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook fish sticks according to package directions until golden and crispy.
- While fish is cooking, make the sauce: stir all ingredients together until smooth.
- For the salad, stir all ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- To assemble, place 1 piece of fish onto 1 tortilla and top with salad, sauce, lettuce and avocado. Serve.