This Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaf Recipe puts you in the mood for the holiday by tasting great! Make it before or for Thanksgiving. It’s THAT good!
Let’s talk about this Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaf Recipe… Well, first let’s talk about this. I’m almost done my Christmas shopping!!!!
I know we’re not even to Thanksgiving yet, but I gotta stay on top of these kinds of things or else before we know it, Christmas will come and go and I’ll have a third child in my arms. 47 days until Christmas, 74 days until Gord and I become outnumbers with them kiddos.
Tis the season!
And, just so we’re clear, ‘almost done my Christmas shopping’ means I have every Christmas gift on my amazon wish list. All I have to do is click ‘buy’. Buuuut, my daughter is changing her Christmas list daily, so I’m waiting until something sticks and she mentions it more than once. She did say she wanted an iPhone more than once, but let’s be honest: that’s never going to happen.
“But I could text you Mommy!”
“I could watch Netflix in my room, Mommy!”
“I wouldn’t have to share the iPad with Blake, Mommy!”
This girl!!! I did not expect this level of persistence from my 6 year old.
On a completely unrelated topic: I’m asking for more patience for Christmas.
I didn’t get it last year, but I’m hopeful this IS THE year.
Anyways, before I completely jump the gun and just talk about Christmas from here until December 25th, here is a great Thanksgiving-ish recipe. A moist turkey meatloaf with all the same flavors as Thanksgiving put together in 1/4th of the time.
I suppose you could make this ON Thanksgiving if you didn’t want to deal with a whole big bird or didn’t have a lot of company coming over. Or you could make it leading up to Thanksgiving to give your tastebuds a preview. Either way, it’s a really lovely warm meal to feed your family. Gordon particularly loved it which is sort of shocking because he’s not a huge meatloaf fan. So hooray for that, ya’ll.
Printable recipe below 🙂
Have a lovely day, friends!
Easy Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaf
This Easy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe puts you in the mood for the holiday by tasting great! Make it before or for Thanksgiving. It's THAT good!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 rib celery finely diced
- 1.5 lbs. ground turkey 93/7
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- store bought turkey gravy*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and celery until tender, 5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, combine remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Add in soft veggies and stir to incorporate everything together. Form into a meatloaf shape on prepared baking sheet and bake 30-40 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with turkey gravy.
- *I used the dry turkey gravy mix that you just add water to. Feel free to make your own from scratch. I obviously did not.