I made it to Chicago! Hallelujah. God bless direct flights and happy babies. It was a smooth travel day for me thankfully AND, all my co-flyers were very kind telling me how cute and well behaved my baby was.
Well, he is MY child after all….. ;).
Haha….actually, he’s just good natured and happy. I seriously just lucked out.
Anyways, here’s a fun recipe I made a few days ago that you are seriously going to love!! Browned butter hollandaise sauce smothered all over some eggs benedict! Talk about a dreamy and creamy breakfast!
The hollandaise sauce comes together just like any other hollandaise sauce, but is a little extra delicious because I made it with HOT brown butter. If you look closely, you can see the brown butter speckles amongst the black pepper and cayenne. Mmm…..SO SO good.Hollandaise sauce really isn’t so scary to make. I initially started this recipe using a blender, but it didn’t work as well as whipping it by hand using a whisk. If you’re wanting to attempt the blender, I’d recommend making a double batch. Also, I used salted butter so I didn’t have to add in any extra salt. Feel free to use either. That’s it! Go forth and make some eggs benedict! Enjoy!
Eggs Benedict with Brown Butter Hollandaise Sauce
for the brown butter hollandaise-
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup hot salted brown butter
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- dash cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons warm water
- 4 english muffins
- 8 thin slices honey ham from the deli
- 8 poached eggs
- chives for garnish
- Whip egg yolks in a large bowl until slightly fluffy and light in color, about 3 minutes. Very slowly whip hot browned butter into the egg yolks. I spooned in 1 tablespoon at a time and it took me about 5 minutes to incorporate it all.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in and stir with cayenne pepper, black pepper and warm water. Add more water until it's to the consistency you like. Use immediately, or place over a double boiler to keep warm up for 1 hour before serving.
- Slice english muffins in half and toast. Butter lightly. Top with ham slices and 1 poached egg each. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.