We’re home! It was a loooooooooong drive, but we made it! It feels great to be back and even better to be sleeping in our own beds! Hope you all had a fabulous Christmas vacation with your families! We had a great time with lots of food, friends and family! Its sad it all had to end, but we’re happy getting back into the swing of things.
Well, today, I have a fabulous sandwich for you! You might say its a love child from a French Dip and a Philly Cheesesteak. I LOVE both sandwiches so much that I put them together and created one of the best (and easiest) dinners of all time. My husband could not get enough! My pictures really don’t do justice as to how incredible the flavors are together. REALLY…..INCREDIBLE.
Did I mention I have a cold? I can barely taste the food I eat and after eating this for dinner, it blew my mind as to how good it would REALLY be when my tasting ability is back up to 100%. Definitely will be making this one again. OMG so good!
So, the secret to getting this one on the table under 20 minutes (thats right- I said UNDER 20 minutes) is buying your pre-cooked, pre-sliced roast beef from the deli and getting one of those dry mix packets of Aux Jus (you know….the ones you just have to add water to). Then you just boil the aux jus, cook the veggies, and assemble the sandwich. Easy!
I promise this dinner will not disappoint.
French Dip Cheesesteak Sandwich
Incredible is what you get when you combine french dip and philly cheesesteak sandwiches!
- 2 fresh Hoagie Rolls or any roll thats crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
- 10 big slices roast beef from the deli, sliced pretty thin
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese use whatever you want/whatever you have-- I used cheddar but I would recommend swiss!
- 1 dry packet Aux Jus mix
- Slice Hoagies in half lengthwise. Turn broiler on. Place rolls cut side up on baking sheet and put under broiler until golden brown. (Be careful! It won't take long!)
- In small fry pan, preheat oil to medium high heat. Cook onions and peppers 5 minutes or until crisp-tender (or to your liking).
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter on each half of sliced rolls. Rub garlic clove onto buttered rolls.
- Divide cooked vegetables between both sandwiches. Place on bottom half of rolls. Top with 5 slices beef and 1/4 cup grated cheese per sandwich.
- Place back under broiler to melt the cheese (exclude the tops of the rolls).
- Make Aux Jus according to packaged directions. Once cheese has completely melted, remove from broiler. Top with other hoagie half. Slice sandwich in half. Serve with prepared Aux Jus.
Calories: 575kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 14gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 746mgPotassium: 120mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1093IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 237mgIron: 11mg
Love this recipe? Sign up for more!Get recipes delivered to your inbox