This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 2 fresh Hoagie Rolls or any roll thats crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
- 10 big slices roast beef from the deli, sliced pretty thin
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese use whatever you want/whatever you have-- I used cheddar but I would recommend swiss!
- 1 dry packet Aux Jus mix
- Slice Hoagies in half lengthwise. Turn broiler on. Place rolls cut side up on baking sheet and put under broiler until golden brown. (Be careful! It won't take long!)
- In small fry pan, preheat oil to medium high heat. Cook onions and peppers 5 minutes or until crisp-tender (or to your liking).
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter on each half of sliced rolls. Rub garlic clove onto buttered rolls.
- Divide cooked vegetables between both sandwiches. Place on bottom half of rolls. Top with 5 slices beef and 1/4 cup grated cheese per sandwich.
- Place back under broiler to melt the cheese (exclude the tops of the rolls).
- Make Aux Jus according to packaged directions. Once cheese has completely melted, remove from broiler. Top with other hoagie half. Slice sandwich in half. Serve with prepared Aux Jus.