Shoot are these recipes great together AND apart! From last nights dinner, we had leftover salmon and baked potatoes and I didn’t want to eat the same thing twice so this is what I came up with for lunch today! Not bad, right? So, I used one pan for this entire meal and kept things warm in the oven while I finished other parts. I first pan fried my baked potatoes to create 5 minute steak fries and then cooked some veggies for the salmon croquettes. Once my salmon mixture was done, I formed my little patties and fried them up! Tasty little devils, they are! And, the avocado salsa takes it over the top. Seriously. I took one bite and thought my life was complete. Anyways, really easy recipes to get a well above average somewhat healthy meal minus the cooking in oil and butter parts. Sometimes, it pays to not be stingy on the butter! Hope you all like these!
Just so you know, buying salmon for us is a rare occurrence because its pretty pricey. If you can’t afford salmon, you can use a cheaper white fish or even canned tuna. It will have a different flavor, but the variations are all equally delicious.
More Salmon Recipes to Try!
Leftover salmon croquettes are a delicious way to serve that extra salmon. Add avocado salsa and skillet fries and it takes this meal right over the top!
- 16 oz cooked salmon approximately - when I crumbled it all, I had about 2 1/2 cups of meat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced, any color will do-I used yellow
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light cooking oil such as canola, peanut or vegetable Avocado Salsa
- 1 large Haas avocado diced, try to get a ripe one
- 1 roma tomato diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 baked potatoes leftovers, baby!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light oil for frying see above
- For the salmon - In large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Sautee onions and peppers on medium heat until they become tender, about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, crumble precooked salmon into large chunks. Gently stir in cooked vegetables, cilantro, egg, 1/3 cup breadcrumbs and seasonings until combined.
- Divide mixture into equal sized patties. I made 8 medium sized ones. Once patties are formed dip in remaining 1/3 cup breadcrumbs.
- Using the same pan you cooked your vegetables in, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil on medium to medium high heat. Place your formed patties into hot pan. Fry 2-3 minutes per side or until darker golden brown crispy crust has formed. Once they have completed cooking, serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- For the Avocado Salsa -In small bowl, combine all ingredients together being sure all cut sides of avocado have had contact with lime juice to prevent oxidation -ie browning. Serve with salmon croquettes or tortilla chips. Tasty tasty stuff this is!
- For the Skillet Fries -Cut baked potatoes into large wedges. In large skillet heat oil and butter to medium high heat. Place wedges cut side down into pan. Let potatoes brown and get crispy on one side before flipping to the other. Brown potatoes to your liking. Once brown, remove potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper immediately. Great with any meal! Fabulous fries!
Love this recipe? Sign up for more!Get recipes delivered to your inbox