This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These chewy Cookie Butter Brownies are topped with creamy frosting and are perfect for a party or anytime treat! Careful, they’re addicting, just like my classic brownie recipe!
Cookie Butter Brownies | What is Cookie Butter Anyways?
These Cookie Butter Brownies a combination of my homemade brownie recipe with cookie butter frosting. That’s right. You heard me. COOKIE. BUTTER. FROSTING.
What is Cookie Butter you ask? Imagine peanut butter but instead of the taste of nuts, you have the flavor of Biscoff cookies! So good!
Chewy, soft, thick, chocolaty brownies topped with creamy, heavenly goodness. And, they take no time at all to make! Perfect treats for a party or this weekend.
Main Ingredients Needed
You don’t need much to make these Cookie Butter Brownies. But what you do need is of course, cookie butter! If you can’t find any feel free to sub out with peanut butter, Nutella or another alternative. Here’s what else you need:
For the Brownies
- Butter + Chocolate – these are used for our fudgy base!
- Cocoa Powder + Vanilla – both are used for flavor.
- Sugar – to sweeten.
- Eggs – for structure and texture.
- Flour – this fills out the rest of the brownies.
- Baking Powder + Salt – for rise and to balance out the sweet.
For the Cookie Butter Frosting
- Butter + Cookie Butter – these two create a super smooth texture as well as flavor. You can find cookie butter at Trader Joe’s or online.
- Powdered Sugar – to sweeten and thicken the frosting.
- Vanilla – to flavor.
- Milk – this thins out the frosting so it’s spreadable.
Looking for more Cookie Butter uses? Try these Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats!
How to Make Cookie Butter Brownies
For full details on how to make Cookie Butter Brownies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Make Brownie Batter
Start by melting some butter, chocolate chips and cocoa powder together in a small pot. Once the mixture is all smooth, remove from the heat.
Stir in some sugar, then two eggs, and some vanilla. Measure your dry ingredients out into the pot and stir stir stir until just combined.
Bake + Cool
Pour the batter into a greased 9×9 glass baking dish and bake! Once the brownies are done baking, pull them out of the oven and allow to cool completely.
Cookie Butter Frosting
In the mean time, find yourself a little bit of this stuff: cookie butter! It’s similar to biscoff spread but the trader joes version.
So, take some cookie butter and throw it into a small bowl with some softened butter. Add in some vanilla and powdered sugar and stir.
Once thick paste forms pour in some milk. Stir it all up until your frosting is lovely and smooth. Spread this all over your cooled brownies, cut into bars and serve.
More Brownie Recipes to Try!
Like so. A little bit of heaven right here. Feel free to use peanut butter or not use the frosting at all. These brownies are great anyway you want to eat them!
Here’s the printable! Have a great day!
Cookie Butter Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a glass 9×9 square pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter, chocolate chips and cocoa together over medium low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time and vanilla. Gently stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-30 minutes or until just set. Mine was done right at 20 minutes, but my oven is also hotter than the sun. Set aside to cool.
- For the frosting, stir butter, cookie butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together until a thick paste forms. Stir in milk carefully and then mix vigorously to smooth out any lumps. Spread over brownies, cut into bars and serve.