This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I bought a box of Rice Krispie Treats in college and ate them ALL under 12 hours? If you’re stressed and hardly sleep, things like this happen. Just accept it and move on. I ate an entire better than sex cake under 12 hours too. Come to think of it, both events happened in the same semester. World Civ and Bio Chem really got to me, apparently. I think it’s safe to say Rice Krispie Squares are my kryptonite. I love them to pieces and have probably single-handedly kept them in business for years…just like Sonic.
Since I bought a jar of Biscoff spread a month ago, I’ve been waiting for the right idea to pop into my head to use some of it. Have you all seen this stuff? It’s next to the peanut butter, honey and nutella at the grocery store with a red lid. It took me a while to track it down, actually. But once I got it and had the idea for this recipe, the stars aligned and the biscoff rice krispie treat was born.
These are THE PERFECT afternoon/after school/recess/kid friendly snack. They’re light, airy, chewy, crunchy and ridiculously easy to make with a hint of that yummy biscoff cookie goodness.
And, I’m happy to report that this small pan lasted us 4 days. So, I’m not a *total* pig anymore…just fyi 🙂
Here’s how you make them:
I think it’s safe to say that most of us know how to make rice krispie treats….but I did step by step photos anyways. 🙂 In a large pot, melt some butter.
Once the butter is melted, toss in some marshmallows.
After a few minute of stirring, the marshmallows should be all melty and yummy. Pull these off the heat…
and stir in some of this amazing stuff. *heaven*
Once the biscoff spread is melted into the marshmallows and butter, stir in your rice krispies. It may seem to harden up quickly and turn into one huge ball of krispie goodness, so don’t be afraid to push the mixture apart to make sure everything gets coated evenly with marshmallows.
Press everything into a greased 8×8 pan and let it come to room temp–about an hour or so.
Cut into bars and voila! A perfect afternoon snack or dessert. I’m pretty sure I love these more than any kid out there.
Anyways, hope you like this one, guys! 🙂 Have a great Wednesday!
More Rice Krispie Treats to Try!
- Original Rice Krispie Treats
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Maple Bacon Rice Krispie Treats
- Egg Nog Rice Krispie Treats
- Lemon & Browned Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Cakes for Valentine’s Day
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Dough Filled Rice Krispie Eggs
- Ritz Krispie Treats
- Ruffles Marshmallow Krispie Treats
- Rocky Road Pumpkin Spice Krispie Squares
Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup biscoff spread
- 2 3/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallows together until smooth. Take off heat and stir in biscoff spread. Pour in cereal and stir until cereal is sticky and every grain is coated. You may have to stir a little more than when making plain rice krispie treats. Pour into a greased 8x8 dish, press down to even the top and cool to room temperature. Cut into 9 even squares and serve.