This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Greek Salad recipe is a delicious stand alone meal or simple side dish. Topped with a homemade tangy greek dressing, feta cheese, baby tomatoes, olive and cucumbers for that delicious classic taste.
I’m so excited to be sharing this recipe for Greek Salad today! While I feel like this is a bit of a no-brainer recipe, a lot of people have no idea how to make this, especially that homemade dressing. Well good news, friends! It couldn’t be simpler! No baking or cooking required. Just a little chopping and whisking and you are there. Perfect with Greek Shrimp Scampi, Mediterranean Greek Yogurt Dip or Greek Steak Salad Pita Pockets.
Greek Salad Recipe
Greek Salad ingredients consist of fresh vegetables, some cheese, and seasonings! Super simple and super good, here’s what you need:
- Baby Spinach – beneath all of those chopped veggies is a bed of healthy spinach! You can also use lettuce as a substitute OR just use a ton of cucumbers and tomatoes and skip it all together.
- Green Olives – I used canned green olives and drained them. But feel free to sub out for black olives or another type of jarred olive. The green ones I found were pretty mild, but Kalamata olives are a stronger classic choice.
- Cherry Tomatoes – small and sweet, these offer a pop of flavor.
- English Cucumber – English cucumbers are the longer cucumbers at the grocery store, usually wrapped in plastic. These are milder and absolutely seed free.
- Red Onion – add more red onion if you like the sharp flavor!
- Feta Cheese – Use crumbled feta or sometimes you can find a block and cut cubes yourself. Either works well! Use what you can find.
- Oregano and/or Pepper – season with pepper and/or oregano! This gives the salad some savory notes.
Greek Salad Dressing
The greek salad dressing is made up of lots of seasonings plus oil and vinegar to create layers of flavor to enjoy with the salad! If you wanted to make this in advance to have more time to let the flavors develop, you absolutely can do that. It lasts at least 3 months in the fridge! Here’s what you need:
- Garlic Oil – this brings a great garlic flavor as well as starting the vinaigrette. You can also just use olive oil here if you can’t find garlic oil.
- White Wine Vinegar – tangy and sharp, I personally love the combination of white wine vinegar and raw red onions! Oh mama, its good!
- Dijon Mustard – for color and more tangy flavor!
- Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper – all of these seasonings combined create so much flavor that makes this Greek Salad dressing classically Greek!
- Sugar – or Truvia! Just a little bit of sweetness to balance the savory flavors.
How to Make Greek Salad
Greek Salad is a quick recipe to prepare too! You’ll probably spend the most time chopping all of those delicious vegetables! For full details see the recipe card below.
- Wash and prep all of your veggies.
- Assemble ingredients into a large bowl or servings platter. (feel free to copy my layout in the pictures).
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing and mix well. You can either whisk them together or shake them up in a jar.
- Top salad with dressing when ready to serve!
Serve this Greek Salad Recipe alongside these main dishes!
- Roast Chicken – a simple meaty entre that goes perfectly with just about any salad.
- Grilled Garlic Flank Steak – a garlicky steak to complement this greek salad.
- Shrimp Scampi – carby with shrimp as protein, shrimp scampi is a quick and easy dish to accompany this salad.
- Classic Stuffed Shells – a heavy and filling meal that needs that bright and sharp flavor Greek Salad brings.
More Salads to Try!
If you loved this Greek Salad recipe be sure to check out my other salad recipes too!
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy 🙂
- 8 oz baby spinach or any lettuce you like
- 3 oz green olives 1/2 can, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 english cucumber washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 4 oz feta cheese diced
- oregano and/or black pepper for garnish, optional
Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup garlic oil or regular olive oil is fine
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar or truvia
- Assemble all salad ingredients together in large bowl.
- In a small liquid measuring cup or glass jar, measure all ingredients for salad dressing and whisk or shake well.
- Serve salad along side dressing.
Wonderful! I was looking for a good dressing recipe, and this is delicious! Thank you
Looks so good