Hot Pot Chocolate Cookies also known as the chewiest chocolate cookies made in a pot on the stove!! Say whaaaat? These will blow your mind. The easiest and fastest recipe ever!!
This recipe to me is super amazing on a number of levels but a big reason is because it gives me great joy to think about all the people coming here for “pot cookies” (as in the drugs) as opposed to “hot pot cookies” (as in made in a pot on the stove that was hot). For all those people looking for a drug-laced snack to make, this is my disclaimer stating the title isn’t referring to pot as in the drugs. You might want to look elsewhere for a different recipe.
Hot pot cookies…and not the drug kind!
Can you think of the marketing nightmare these could become? It’s a good thing I don’t care about any of that.
This whole situation makes me giggle and that is a big reason why I’m sharing this recipe as “hot pot chocolate cookies” today instead of just “chewy chocolate cookies”. Sometimes you gotta have fun and laugh. But, you guys, I REALLY do use a hot pot to make these!
Remember my Cinnamon Butterscotch Cookies? Those were also hot pot cookies, but I didn’t market them as such because I didn’t make the connection until the second go-around with this chocolate version.
But in all seriousness, just like my intro said, these are soft and chewy chocolate cookies made with all the common culprits found in any cookie recipe (butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, flour, leavenings, salt). Instead of using a hand mixer to cream ingredients together, they’re melted and stirred together by hand in a pot on the stove. Through the years of recipe testing, I have found that this is the best and easiest method for creating those perfectly soft and chewy cookies all the way through without having to soften your butter in advance or dirty more dishes than needed. They are the busy mom’s ultimate recipe for cookies that will have you swearing off all other cookie recipes by the days end.
Be sure to read through the recipe completely before beginning! It’s very simple, but the method is what sets these cookies apart from others.
Anyways, grab the printable recipe below, save to your inbox or pin for later! You won’t be sorry 🙂
Have a great day, friends!
Hot Pot Chocolate Cookies
Yield 24 small cookies
The chewiest chocolate cookies made in a pot on the stove!! Say whaaaat? These will blow your mind. The easiest and fastest recipe ever!!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in medium-sized pot. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix until lighter in color.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir well to ensure a smooth, well stirred batter.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Let batter it sit 10 minutes or so to let the flour soak into the rest of the batter. (The batter should be warm and obviously sticky. As it sits and cools, the batter will thicken to a more obvious dough. This is when you would scoop the dough into cookies.)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop cookie dough onto prepared pans, using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, rotating sheets half way through baking. When you pull your cookies out of the oven, they will looked cooked around the edges and undercooked in the center.
- Leave the cookies on the hot baking pans for 5-7 minutes or until you can remove them without falling apart. Place onto cooling racks and cool to room temperature before storing in air tight containers.
- Best eaten in the first 24 hours after baking.
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @laurens_latest on Instagram and hashtag it #laurenslatest.