These Peanut Butter Cookies are soft, chewy and what dreams are made of! Sweet and a little salty too, you will never need another peanut butter cookie recipe.
These Peanut Butter Cookies are heaven sent! I’ve had plenty of these kinds of cookies before and they always missed the mark. Either with texture, flavor or both! So, I’ve been testing different ingredients and baking options and this peanut butter cookie recipe is the be all end all. I love a perfect chocolate chip cookie or even sugar cookies are fabulous, but nothing holds a candle to soft, warm, peanut butter cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies!
A combination of softened, salted butter and Jif peanut butter is the key to this cookie recipe. Shortening, butter flavored shortening, unsalted butter and all-natural peanut butter just didn’t give me the kind of soft, salty-sweet, chewy cookie I was looking for, but creaming the salted butter together with the Jif and sugars is what made the difference.
For best results opt for a Jif or Skippy peanut butter. Now is not the time for all-natural peanut butters.
How to make this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
You’re only a few simple steps away from enjoying these unforgettable peanut butter cookies.
- Cream salted butter, Jif smooth peanut butter and sugars together until combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and leavening until it’s *just* combined.
- Scoop and press the cookies with a fork on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes to keep cookies soft, leaving on the hot baking pan for three minutes post oven to finish baking.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling and serve.
Keeping Peanut Butter Cookies Soft
I purposely designed this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe to be soft. Ingredients, method and baking all help with this, but sometimes if they have been left out too long, the edges can get a little crispy.
To combat this and keep them fresh, once the cookies have cooled completely, store in an airtight container with a slice of plain white bread. Just like the bread softens brown sugar, it will help keep your cookies soft and fresh. Of course this is an optional step, but every little bit helps.
Recipes similar to Peanut Butter Cookies that you will love:
- actually perfect chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Salted Nutella Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- peanut butter toffee cookies
Be sure to pin/save/bookmark or print because this is a classic recipe you’re going to want to save and make again and again. Have a great day, friends!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butters and sugars together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Incorporate baking soda and flour until just combined. Scoop dough balls onto baking sheet leaving lots of room around each cookie to expand. Press down cookie dough balls using a fork.
- Bake 7-8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Serve immediately or store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.