This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Glazed Lemon Cookies might just be the best lemon cookie recipe I have. Topped with a lemon glaze enjoy this fresh sweet treat!
Glazed Lemon Cookies | Perfect for Spring
This Glazed Lemon Cookie Recipe is as sweet as my Lemon Crinkle Cookies, but cakier with a sugary and tangy glaze. This is my Mom’s recipe that she’s made for years…..she most likely got it from a friend or some magazine circa 1983. I’ll keep you posted if I ever find out. These are what got me obsessed with lemony treats and are amazing fresh out of the oven with their glaze.
Main Ingredients Needed
Here are all of the ingredients needed for these glazed lemon cookies! So good!!!
- Butter + Sugar – butter for flavor and sugar for sweetness.
- Egg – this is needed for structure. Without it, these cookies would spread like crazy.
- Vanilla – for flavor, this is a great balance to all the lemon.
- Lemon Zest – for lemony flavor!
- All-Purpose Flour – this fills out the rest of the cookies.
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda – both are used for leavening! The baking soda reacts with the vinegar for a little bit more lift.
- Milk – used for moisture.
- Vinegar – used to help the cookies rise, don’t worry you won’t be able to taste it at all.
- Fresh Lemon Juice + Granulated Sugar – these two are used for the lemon glaze! Sugary lemony goodness!
How to Make Glazed Lemon Cookies | Directions
The method for these Glazed Lemon Cookies is super simple! Once the dough is made bake and glaze 🙂 For full details on this lemon cookie recipe check out the printable recipe card down below.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Make Dough
Start by creaming butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in some vanilla, an egg, and lots of lemon zest. I LOVE lemon 🙂
Once all that is mixed well, add in all your dry ingredients and while that’s stirring together, stream in some milk and vinegar. It might seem too loose to be a cookie batter, but these are cakey cookies, so that explains the loosey-goosey batter.
Step 3: Bake + Glaze
Scoop these onto some cookie sheets and bake away!
While those are in the oven, we’ll make the glaze. Stir together some lemon juice and sugar and that’s it. Oh hello, gorgeous! As soon as these come out of the oven, spoon all that glaze over top of the hot cookies.
After a few minutes, the glaze will harden up and you can shovel these babies into your mouth! That’s it! Super quick and so so delicious!!
Storing Glazed Lemon Cookies
Store these cookies in an airtight ziplock bag or container for up to 4-5 days…if you have them that long…they’re so addicting and will want to eat them all!
More Lemon Cookie Recipes to Try!
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies with Zucchini
- Chewy Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
If you loved this glazed lemon cookie recipe you’ll love these other lemon cookies too! The printable recipe card is below. Enjoy, friends! 🙂
Glazed Lemon Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, vanilla and lemon zest. Scrape sides and whip again. Measure out all dry ingredients and pour into batter. Slowly mix while streaming in sour milk. Stir until just combined. Scrape sides and mix again by hand to ensure batter is smooth and evenly mixed. Scoop onto prepared baking sheets and bake 6-9 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are barely browned.
- While cookies are baking, stir lemon juice and sugar together to make the glaze. Once cookies come out of the oven, immediately spoon glaze over top hot cookies. Cool 3 minutes and remove cookies onto cooling rack. Serve. Store any extra cookies in airtight containers for up to 3 days.