This Peach Cobbler Recipe is juicy, sweet and cakey. Canned peached and cake mix are the secret to this quick and simple dessert.
Today, I’m sharing my Father-in-law’s Peach Cobbler Recipe! The first time I had this was at the Oregon Coast when Brooke was 8 months old. The recipe I learned is originally made in a dutch oven over a campfire, and can be made quickly with just about any canned fruit. After enjoying this every labor day at the coast (with every fruit combo imaginable) my favorite is the peach, so that’s what I’m sharing with you today!
And don’t worry! You don’t need a dutch oven OR campfire for this recipe. Just a 9×13 pan and an oven. It’s super easy to throw together (only four ingredients!) for a quick and comforting dessert year round. Top with vanilla ice cream or Homemade Whipped Cream.
But first, What is Cobbler?
Cobbler is generally a sweet dessert consisting of a fruit filling poured into a large baking dish and covered with a batter, biscuit, or dumpling before being baked. Some cobbler recipes are savory, but generally they are considered to be sweet.
Peach Cobbler Recipe
Like I said before, this is a super easy peach cobbler recipe that takes no time at all to prepare. Here’s what you will need:
- Canned Peaches – you are going to want to get the peaches in syrup (not to be confused with peaches canned in water or sugar free versions)
- Yellow Cake Mix – this creates the cobbler part of the recipe.
- Cinnamon – a complimentary flavor to the cake and peaches but is so good. It’s an optional addition, but would definitely recommend it. Nutmeg is also delicious!
- Butter – melted and used for flavor in the cobbler topping
How to Make Peach Cobbler
While there are lots of ‘cake mix cobblers’ online, this one is pretty similar to the rest. The two changes I made to my father-in-law’s recipe is (1) melting the butter instead of dotting the top and (2) pouring over half of the syrup over the top to cover the cake mix. I’ve tested this recipe several different ways and my biggest issue is having powdered cake mix that doesn’t turn into that delicious ‘cobbler topping’ we know and love. Ensuring the cake mix layer is well covered with liquid is key.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour one can of peaches (syrup and all) into a 9×13 glass baking dish. Drain the second can of peaches, reserving the syrup, and pour the peaches into the pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix and ground cinnamon over the peaches and level the top. Drizzle with melted butter and reserved syrup, doing your best to cover all the cake mix with liquid.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until the top is puffed and browned. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Peach Cobbler is best when eaten fresh out of the oven and warm. But if you happen to have any leftovers, store in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.
To reheat, use the microwave or oven:
Microwave. Scoop a serving out for yourself into a microwave-safe bowl, then microwave in 30-second increments until heated through.
Oven. Remove it from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. Bake at 350 degrees until heated through (about 20 minutes). If it is browning too much tent some tin foil over the pan.
Peach Cobbler Toppings
While this dessert is delicious hot out of the oven as is, the classic way to top any cobbler, including this peach cobbler recipe, is with Homemade Whipped Cream or with a simple vanilla ice cream. The cold creaminess mixing with the hot and gooey cobbler is HEAVEN.
Other Cobblers to Try
This is not my first rodeo when it comes to cobblers! So go ahead and try some of my other cobbler recipes on the blog, I’ve linked a few below.
- Raspberry Peach Cobbler Recipe (made with fresh peaches and raspberries)
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- Chocolate Cobbler Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cobbler
- Fruit Cobblers
More Peach Recipes!
Incase it’s the time and season for peaches, these will be right up your alley! The Peach dumplings are my favorite!!
Printable recipe card is below! Make sure to save it for your fruity dessert needs. Pin it, print it or bookmark this page. Have a great day, friends!
This Peach Cobbler Recipe is easy, homemade and downright heavenly. And you're only four ingredients away from making it!
- 2 cans sliced peaches in syrup 29 oz. each
- 15 oz box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour one can of peaches (syrup and all) into a 9x13 glass baking dish. Drain the second can of peaches, reserving the syrup, and pour the peaches into the pan.
Sprinkle the dry cake mix and ground cinnamon over the peaches and level the top. Drizzle with melted butter and reserved syrup, doing your best to cover all the cake mix with liquid.
Bake 35-45 minutes or until the top is puffed and browned. Cool 10 minutes before serving with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.