This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These delicious little Peach Dumplings are warm, comforting and delicious! Similar to my Peach Pie or Peach Galette, Peach Dumplings have fresh peaches sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, rolled up into a crescent roll, topped with melted butter and more cinnamon sugar. It’s the perfect dessert! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
No Soda Needed
While my apple dumplings recipe calls for soda (typically, Mountain Dew, Sprite or 7UP) poured into the bottom to create a delicious, caramel sauce…I decided to do something slightly different with these peach dumplings. Instead, I drizzled melted butter over the top of the dumplings and sprinkled with more cinnamon sugar. While the dumplings bake, this gave the peach juice and butter time to combine and create a yummy sauce in the bottom of the pan, plus gave it that crispy golden texture on top. It’s like a peach pie stuffed into crescent rolls…warm, comforting and delicious. Especially delicious with ice cream. If you feel so inclined, you can make some homemade vanilla ice cream to serve with these.
Can I use canned or frozen peaches instead of fresh?
Yes! While I prefer fresh peaches, I have used canned peaches a number of times because fresh peaches are hard to find in the winter months. They break down a little more than fresh, but they taste just as good. You can also use frozen peaches. You’ll save some time not needing to peel the skins off.
How to Make Peach Dumplings
You only need a few ingredients (most I bet you already have on hand) to make Peach Dumplings. For full recipe details and ingredient measurements, see the printable recipe card down below.
Preheat + Prep Pan
Preheat oven. Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Combine Sugar + Cinnamon
In a small bowl, stir sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
Peel, Pit + Cut Peaches
Peel peaches and segment into 8 pieces per peach, for 16 pieces altogether. I like to remove the red centers because sometimes they have crunchy pieces from the pits.
Separate Crescent Roll Pieces + Roll up Peaches
Pop open the cans of crescent rolls and separate each triangle piece. Roll one slice of peach in the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll up carefully into one triangular piece of crescent roll dough.
Place Rolled Crescents in Pan
Place rolled crescents in prepared glass baking pan. Repeat with all the slices of peaches until all of them are rolled. Drizzle melted butter over peach dumplings and then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar.
Bake + Serve Warm
Bake 25-30 mins or until all puffed and golden and dough is cooked through. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Storing Peach Dumplings
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until heated through.
You can make Peach Dumplings ahead of time. After baking, allow to cool, and then cover and refrigerate. When ready to use, place in the oven until hot throughout.
This recipe is easy to double too. You would need a second 9×13 pan. Easy Peasy!
Obsessed with peaches? Try these recipes:
I hope you enjoy these peach dumplings for dessert! Have a great day, friends! 🙂
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- vanilla ice cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Peel peaches and segment into 8 pieces per peach, for 16 pieces all together.
- Pop open one can of crescent rolls and separate each piece. Roll one slice of peach in the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll up carefully into one triangular piece of crescent roll dough.
- Place in prepared glass baking pan. Repeat with all the slices of peaches until all of them are rolled. Drizzle melted butter over peach dumplings and then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until all puffed and golden and dough is cooked through. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.