This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Rice Pudding adds pumpkin and real maple syrup to a classic recipe! You will love this Fall themed variation, promise.
I made some Pumpkin Rice Pudding. That’s right, pumpkin. This takes 30 minutes or so to make and tastes divine. It makes a perfect afternoon snack and would probably make a delightful dessert too.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
You’re 9 simple ingredients away from enjoying a comforting and spiced Pumpkin Rice Pudding. Here’s what you need:
- Butter and Arborio Rice – butter coats each big grain of Arborio rice! So good! I highly highly recommend this rice for any type of rice pudding you’re making.
- Fat-Free Milk – feel free to use cream or half and half instead of fat-free milk. Whatever you want, I will support. I probably would have used cream, but didn’t have any on hand.
- Pumpkin Puree – this is just regular canned pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Maple Syrup – use real maple syrup here! When I mean real, check the ingredients on the back of the bottle. There should be very little ingredients or just one (maple syrup)!
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Salt – these seasonings go into the mixture to complement the pumpkin.
I like to top my Pumpkin Rice Pudding with mini chocolate chips but feel free to top with whatever you like. Here are a few ideas:
- baked pumpkin seeds
- dusting of cinnamon
- homemade whipped cream
How to Make Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Pumpkin Rice Pudding is an easy recipe, it just required a bit of stirring and some time. For full details see the recipe card down below.
- Heat a small saucepan. Melt butter and stir in the rice to coat grains evenly.
- Pour in milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and seasonings. Stir well. Continue stirring occasionally, adding in more milk if it seems to be getting too thick.
- Continue stirring and adding milk until rice is cooked thoroughly. Pour into serving dish and top with chocolate chips.
More Pudding Recipes to Try!
- Vanilla Almond Rice Pudding
- Double Dark Chocolate Pudding
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Ultimate Banana Pudding
If you loved this recipe let me know in the comments below.
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy 🙂
Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 3/4 cup fat free milk + more if needed, feel free to sub cream or half & half for the milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- mini chocolate chips for garnish, if desired
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt butter and stir in rice to coat grains evenly.
- Pour in milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and seasonings. Stir well. Continue stirring occasionally over medium low heat, adding in more milk if it seems to be getting too thick.
- Continue stirring and adding milk for about 30 minutes or until rice is cooked thoroughly. Pour into serving dish and top with chocolate chips.
[…] Pumpkin Maple Rice Pudding for One […]
I love that this is single serving! So perfect for fall, too!
I’m on lunch 2 of today as it’s too miserable outside not to preparing for hibernation! I need to make rice pudding! so perfect for this time of year!
Looks super yummy, but the hubby isn’t too fond of pumpkin, can I leave it out or do i need to substitute with something else? Bananas? If not, oh well I guess it”ll ALL be for me 🙂
This is such a cute fall recipe! It’s not too often you can sneak pumpkin into breakfast, but this would probably work great!
Can you believe I’ve never had rice pudding before!?
I’ve never had rice pudding, believe it or not. Can’t wait to try this!
I felt like you were reading my diary. I’m a heffer when it’s cold and rainy….and when it’s not…i just like to eat.
This recipe sounds heavenly! I can’t wait to make it! This dessert would be the perfect addition to the fall party at our church…now all I have to do is figure out how to make this to serve over 50 people!
Do you think I could substitute anything for the pumpking? Like mashed banana maybe? I’m just not a fan of pumpkin ):
Try mashed sweet potatoes!
Almost like a sweet risotto! Love it.
Would you believe I’ve never had rice pudding? What in the world is wrong with me? This looks amazing!
I am soooo digging this. Breakfast or dessert!
I LOVE rice pudding! This sounds superb.
Im all about the meat and potatoes..have been for weeks. I love comfort food. bring.it.on!
Yum! This looks amazing. Who doesn’t love rice pudding, and especially pumpkin at this time of year? Great recipe
Love this! All my body wants to do when it gets cold is eat cookies. And and soup, and more cookies.