This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Rice Pudding adds pumpkin and real maple syrup to a classic recipe! You will love this Fall themed variation, promise.
I made some Pumpkin Rice Pudding. That’s right, pumpkin. This takes 30 minutes or so to make and tastes divine. It makes a perfect afternoon snack and would probably make a delightful dessert too.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Rice Pudding
You’re 9 simple ingredients away from enjoying a comforting and spiced Pumpkin Rice Pudding. Here’s what you need:
- Butter and Arborio Rice – butter coats each big grain of Arborio rice! So good! I highly highly recommend this rice for any type of rice pudding you’re making.
- Fat-Free Milk – feel free to use cream or half and half instead of fat-free milk. Whatever you want, I will support. I probably would have used cream, but didn’t have any on hand.
- Pumpkin Puree – this is just regular canned pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Maple Syrup – use real maple syrup here! When I mean real, check the ingredients on the back of the bottle. There should be very little ingredients or just one (maple syrup)!
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Salt – these seasonings go into the mixture to complement the pumpkin.
I like to top my Pumpkin Rice Pudding with mini chocolate chips but feel free to top with whatever you like. Here are a few ideas:
- baked pumpkin seeds
- dusting of cinnamon
- homemade whipped cream
How to Make Pumpkin Rice Pudding
Pumpkin Rice Pudding is an easy recipe, it just required a bit of stirring and some time. For full details see the recipe card down below.
- Heat a small saucepan. Melt butter and stir in the rice to coat grains evenly.
- Pour in milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and seasonings. Stir well. Continue stirring occasionally, adding in more milk if it seems to be getting too thick.
- Continue stirring and adding milk until rice is cooked thoroughly. Pour into serving dish and top with chocolate chips.
More Pudding Recipes to Try!
- Vanilla Almond Rice Pudding
- Double Dark Chocolate Pudding
- Classic Rice Pudding
- Ultimate Banana Pudding
If you loved this recipe let me know in the comments below.
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy 🙂
Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt butter and stir in rice to coat grains evenly.
- Pour in milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and seasonings. Stir well. Continue stirring occasionally over medium low heat, adding in more milk if it seems to be getting too thick.
- Continue stirring and adding milk for about 30 minutes or until rice is cooked thoroughly. Pour into serving dish and top with chocolate chips.