This Salsa Recipe is so fresh and easy to make! You only need a few basic ingredients and 10 minutes. Adapt as you like!
This is my Basic Salsa Recipe. It’s a restaurant-style salsa made in a blender in about ten minutes, using canned tomatoes and jazzed up with extras like garlic, cilantro, and jalapenos. Buying salsa from the store is easy. But, you know what’s even tastier? Making it at home!
The best part of this recipe is how easily adaptable it is. Don’t like cumin? Leave it out! Love spicy food? Add in extra jalapeno. Truly, the sky is the limit. This salsa recipe can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to three weeks, only getting better and tastier by the day. I’d highly recommend making this a day or two in advance if possible to let those flavors really marinate with each other to get the best-finished product. I like adding extra garlic and cumin 🙂
How to Make Salsa
- Pour 3 cans of petite diced tomatoes into a blender. I don’t think it really matters if you use diced tomatoes instead of petite diced tomatoes since it’s all getting blended anyways.
- To the blender, add in some jalapenos, garlic, red onion, and lime juice.
- And don’t forget a good handful of cilantro. Make sure you wash your cilantro well before adding it to the blender! I speak from experience.
- Now add in a few seasonings and that’s it! Pulse this in the blender until the desired consistency is reached. I like my salsa in itty-bitty chunks.
- This salsa recipe here is perfect! Pour this into a bowl and get ready to live.
This salsa recipe is a thing of delicious beauty. And, it’s low fat and healthy too….assuming you don’t eat it all yourself. Perfect as an after school snack or appetizer. The salsa can stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container. I’m sure it could last longer than that, but it’s so good, you’ll want to throw this onto everything in sight.
I almost just ate this with a spoon that’s how good it is. Or just another sign that I’m weird. The printable is below….have a great week!
More Dip Recipes to Try!
Looking for more dip recipes? Look no further!
- Classic Guacamole Recipe
- 7 Layer Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Recipe
- Amazing Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
Basic Salsa Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place sliced tortillas into a large bowl. Drizzle oil over wedges and toss to coat evenly. In a small bowl, stir salt and lime zest together and sprinkle over tortillas. Toss again to coat evenly. Place onto baking sheets in one even layer and bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- For the salsa--place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until desired texture is reached. Taste, adjust seasonings, and serve with chips.
- Store salsa in airtight containers for up to 3 weeks in refrigerator.