This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This fresh Mango Salsa recipe is a perfect blend of sweet and spicy! A delicious and simple salsa to add to any taco, burrito or enchilada.
I love this recipe for Mango Salsa so so much! It’s a sweeter and juicer salsa than traditional pico de gallo and just as easy to make. The trick? Use ripe mangos! The riper they are, the sweeter the salsa. Add as much or as little jalapeno as you’d like and then grab some chips! Delicious with Carnitas, on Enchiladas or serve along side classic guacamole.
Mango Salsa Ingredients
You don’t need a lot of ingredients for Mango Salsa, but they should be fresh! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ripe Mango – Use two ripe and sweet mangos! Peel and dice into bite sized pieces.
- Red Bell Pepper – red bell peppers are sweeter than yellow or green and provide great color.
- Green Onions – this is used for subtle oniony flavor.
- Jalapeño – I used one half of a jalapeño for this recipe but if you like things spicier, add a whole one OR if you’re feeling spicy, add two! (Get it? Spicy?)
- Cilantro – for garnish and for taste. If you hate the taste of cilantro just leave it out.
- Lime Juice – fresh lime juice will keep the colors bright and help bring out the sweetness of the mango. If you’re in a pinch, the bottled kind will do, but fresh is best.
- Salt and Pepper – season to taste!
Feel free to customize this mango salsa recipe to your liking. Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
- Pineapple: acidic, sweet, and juicy!
- Habanero: this is not for the faint of heart. Replace jalapenos with habanero pepper for a spicy wild ride.
- Avocado: creamy, soft, and refreshing!
- Peach: for when peaches are in season. Add some more sweetness to this salsa.
- Tomato: for a more traditional salsa, add tomatoes.
- Corn: use fresh grilled corn on the cob for some charred pops of flavor.
How to Make Mango Salsa
Now that you have all the ingredients you want for you Mango Salsa, it’s time to get chopping. For full details see the recipe card below.
- Prepare all your ingredients (wash, peel, dice, chop, whatever you need to do).
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Uses for Mango Salsa
There are so many uses for a great salsa like this one. Enjoy mango salsa with these recipes:
More Salsa Recipes to Try!
If you loved this Mango Salsa recipe you are sure to love my other salsa recipes. Check out a few here:
Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2 whole ripe mangos peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 limes juiced, about 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Refrigerate until ready to use.